Kyle M
Canada
flag msg tools
mb
Some of our group members have very diametric schedules and can't always make the same sessions. Does the campaign allow for characters to sit out certain quests and then come in later on? And can they still level with the rest of the group?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are no "rules" for dropping out of a campaign. It might not hurt to just let it happen, then when they come back give them campaign equivalent XP/Gold. What might be easier though is to allow one of the other players to just play for him during his absences. It's not hard to control 2 heroes, and the game can continue without any other interruptions.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
See my campaign post in the Variants forum!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian
United States
Oswego
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My eight year old daughter plays occasionally with us, and has dropped in and out of games mid-quest, between encounters. It seems to work ok if you remember to scale monsters appropriately to the number of heroes.

Gold is pooled, so no harm done there. If the heroes are getting smashed and it's becauseshe is behind on abilities, I will toss her a few extra XP prior to the start of the quest to keep her competitive with the other heroes. So far, it seems to be working out extremely well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.