Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
2010 Releases ........................................ The Resistance, Haggis & Triumvirate ..................................... Now accepting submissions for 2011 releases ........................................ www.IndieBoardsandCards.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The time has come to start looking in earnest for 2013 GenCon and Essen releases and I want to dedicate some time while I am at GenCon and PAX in the coming month to see your best.

Here is what I am looking for:

Player Range: 2-5 players (or more, but not less and no two player only games)

Playing time: Max 45 minutes, 60 minutes first play is ok

Thematic - no pure abstracts, ideal game has strong theme of an ameritrash game and the clean mechanics of an euro - Eurotrash is what I like to publish.

Key factors in me wanting to publish your game:
1) its fun to play - 18xx and Agricola aren't fun for me, so use that as a guide as to what I mean by fun,
2) it plays well on the first game - doesn't take 2-3 plays to "get"
3) and lots of replay value - the 3rd, 7th and 15th time playing are just as fun as the first,
4) Component light - fun, fast games should cost less and therefore can't have 100s of little cubes and cost $50+
5) Has strategy, but can be enjoyed by players that aren't focused on the strategy
6) playtested and response from playtesting is very positive - I get a lot of game submissions that "work" but aren't being requested ahead of games that are already published. I am looking for games that your friends and playtesters want to play more than the shiny new published games with great art and chrome.

Using the BGG terminology I am looking for gateway, or gateway plus games. SdJ and KdJ winners are very welcome to apply!

While I want to play your game at GenCon or PAX I still ask that you send me an email (travis at Indie Boards and Cards dot com) with an overview of your game, number of players, play time, main mechanic and the "hook" - what it s about your game that will make it stand out from the 2,000 other new games that get released a year. Feedback from your playtesters is a plus.

Super excited about the games that Indie Boards and Cards will be releasing this year, and the games already on the schedule for next year. I am hoping that BGG can pull through with a couple more hits!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Mercer
United Kingdom
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
I'm sure everyone will join me in saying:

Hooray for indie boards and cards!

Any other publishers actively posting on the game dev forums looking for genuine and honest submissions by active users? No! well...not that I know of in quite the same way as IB&C anyway.

So yeah: Travis you're the man, and bloody best of luck to Indy Boards and all you funky-dunk game designers submitting your games!

Very excited,

Sam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Worthington
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
2010 Releases ........................................ The Resistance, Haggis & Triumvirate ..................................... Now accepting submissions for 2011 releases ........................................ www.IndieBoardsandCards.com
mbmbmbmbmb
bumping my own thread! Keep those submissions coming, still looking for 1-2 games that have blockbuster potential.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Foxwell
United States
Glen Allen
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I hope to have something for you to try in the next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.