Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
1) When you explore, the pickup costs no additional energy (if you do it right then), correct? (The example on p8 lists no energy cost after an explored "high value Deuterium" is drawn and picked up).

2) Grapples -- Those cost $3 (via Errata in game, not $5).
2a) Is it 2 energy to pickup the extra space, or +2 energy (3 total).
2b) If I explore, can I put the explored mine in the grapple space for an extra energy? (2 extra?)

3) Ore scanner -- Given that the survey robot is "Explore for 1 energy", is the ore scanner "For one EXTRA energy, explore & name a mine. If no match, redraw." (We imagine so, otherwise it seems strictly better than the survey robot, at the same cost).

3b) Any weirdness in having both?

4) Hal Morbius -- $6 for an empty cargo hold. Do mines grappled or in the mining module make a hold unempty? Or are those seperate spaces?

5) Zip Washbu -- Does the "Claim a mine for $3 once per market visit" reduce the cost, or grant an additional claim (one at $3, one at $6)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
Bankler wrote:
1) When you explore, the pickup costs no additional energy (if you do it right then), correct? (The example on p8 lists no energy cost after an explored "high value Deuterium" is drawn and picked up).

That is correct.

Quote:
2b) If I explore, can I put the explored mine in the grapple space for an extra energy? (2 extra?)

a) +2 energy - so for an item normally requiring 1 energy, it would take 3.

b) Yes, you can.

Quote:
3) Ore scanner -- Given that the survey robot is "Explore for 1 energy", is the ore scanner "For one EXTRA energy, explore & name a mine. If no match, redraw." (We imagine so, otherwise it seems strictly better than the survey robot, at the same cost).

I fear this is a misprint on the cards, that we didn't catch. It should read:

"When exploring, name a mine. If no match, redraw."

(i.e. the exploration cost is not changed with an ore scanner.)

Quote:
3b) Any weirdness in having both?

No - with the correct wording, the survey robot gives a discount, and the ore scanner gives an ability when exploring.

Quote:
4) Hal Morbius -- $6 for an empty cargo hold. Do mines grappled or in the mining module make a hold unempty? Or are those seperate spaces?

Any mine picked up makes a hold unempty. The mining module adds a hold, which can be returned empty. Grapples do _not_ add a hold.

Quote:
5) Zip Washbu -- Does the "Claim a mine for $3 once per market visit" reduce the cost, or grant an additional claim (one at $3, one at $6)

It reduces the cost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
huber wrote:

Quote:

b) Yes, you can.

Just to clarify 2b.

If I explore, I pay two energy. If I get an absolutely fantastic Ice-9 and want to grapple it, that's two more energy, total of 4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
Bankler wrote:
huber wrote:

Quote:

b) Yes, you can.

Just to clarify 2b.

If I explore, I pay two energy. If I get an absolutely fantastic Ice-9 and want to grapple it, that's two more energy, total of 4.

Exactly correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Also for Zip ... can you buy Zip and then use him immediately?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
Bankler wrote:
Also for Zip ... can you buy Zip and then use him immediately?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the errata/clarification on the Ore Scanner. We ran into that on Saturday and it seemed odd.

huber wrote:
Bankler wrote:

Any mine picked up makes a hold unempty. The mining module adds a hold, which can be returned empty. Grapples do _not_ add a hold.

I'm afraid I'm still confused, sorry. If I have Hal Morbius on a Mark II Scout (6 Energy, 2 Holds), do I get the $6 if I have a mine in one Hold and the other is empty? Or does the entire ship have to be empty (except for a Grapple, which is not a Hold) to get the bonus?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Huber

Westborough
Massachusetts
msg tools
JazzFish wrote:
Thanks for the errata/clarification on the Ore Scanner. We ran into that on Saturday and it seemed odd.

huber wrote:
Bankler wrote:

I'm afraid I'm still confused, sorry. If I have Hal Morbius on a Mark II Scout (6 Energy, 2 Holds), do I get the $6 if I have a mine in one Hold and the other is empty? Or does the entire ship have to be empty (except for a Grapple, which is not a Hold) to get the bonus?

Only a single hold needs to be empty for Hal's bonus. So, in the example you give, one mine and one empty hold does get the $6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
huber wrote:
Only a single hold needs to be empty for Hal's bonus. So, in the example you give, one mine and one empty hold does get the $6.

Excellent, we played it right. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.