Sid M
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GET PDF HERE (61 MB): http://www.mediafire.com/?4kbz3c78tx3pizl

Ever wonder exactly what is going on at Wagner Mars Base?
Soon everyone will know, as a distress signal has now brought our beloved heroes to what might be ... their DOOM!

Fans of both the games (SotM, DOOM) will enjoy this villain set, complete with cards and backs.
- Innovative mechanics will have your heroes spending turns "searching" for key cards to open the way to the Icon of Sin (which is continually spawning demons).
- 5 difficulty levels mean that you can tailor the DOOM experience to something you enjoy.
- One side of the villain allows you to use Savage Mana; while the other mostly neuters it. How will Haka manage?

Find this and more, by downloading your very own copy of the villain : http://www.mediafire.com/?4kbz3c78tx3pizl

Disclaimer: Nothing official about this. Please let the copy-pasted google images in the cards slide for now. (Unless you want to replace them with crudely hand drawn stick figures )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid M
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After some playtesting, I realised that the demons are a bit *too* healthy. While the heroes can manage the damage; they cannot manage the ever growing stack of minions (barring a miracle, like End of Days)

So, what has changed?

Quote:
Sergeant: 5 HP -> 3 HP
Heavy Weapons Dude: 7 HP -> 5 HP
Cacodemon: 9 HP -> 7 HP
Mancubus: 13 HP -> 7 HP
Lost Soul: 4 HP -> 3 HP
Demon: 7 HP -> 6 HP
Imp: 6 HP -> 4 HP
Hellknight: "Destroys (H)-1 Hero equipment cards" -> "Destroys X hero equipment cards, where X = number of equipment cards in play / (H) (round up)."
Revenant: "If this card was attacked last turn, it deals (H)+1 melee damage to the target that attacked it, otherwise, it deals (H)-1 projectile damage to (H)-1 targets." -> "If this card was attacked last turn, it deals (H) damage to the last target that attacked it, otherwise, it deals (H)-1 projectile damage to (H)-2 targets."
Pain Elemental: "Destroy (H)-1 Hero ongoing cards" -> "Destroy X hero ongoing cards where X = number of hero ongoings in play / (H) (round up)."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting, but I'm not sure if it's going to actually be fun. I do like the idea of the keys, but the implementation seems ... off. Without some way to control the Villain deck, they're just going to randomly turn up. You could have them all show up in the first three turns, while the Villain does nothing, or they could all be sitting at the bottom of the deck. Either way, it's an arbitrary timing device rather than one that feels exploratory.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid M
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jlerpy wrote:
Interesting, but I'm not sure if it's going to actually be fun. I do like the idea of the keys, but the implementation seems ... off. Without some way to control the Villain deck, they're just going to randomly turn up. You could have them all show up in the first three turns, while the Villain does nothing, or they could all be sitting at the bottom of the deck. Either way, it's an arbitrary timing device rather than one that feels exploratory.
If you read the SETUP section up above, you will notice that all 3 keys already start out in play!

This reduces to 2 keys in Ultra-violence and Nightmare (which brings up your criticism that it may be sitting at the bottom of the deck); but that's what makes for an exciting game, and brings out the essence of Doom : Wading through many, many demons to get that one elusive keycard!

It's balanced as such:
- "I'm too young to die" should be a cakewalk (great for getting a feel of the mechanics and the flavour of the cards),
- "Not too rough" should be easy to beat as well, just not as tough
- smart play on "Hurt Me Plenty" difficulty should always beat it,
- have a close game on Ultra-violence (you may lose),
- Nightmare ought to be what the name implies.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid M
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Villain character card

Icon of Sin : 15 HP, Portal to Hell
Cyberdemon : 40 HP, Demon General

Difficulty: I'm too young to die

Icon of Sin
SETUP
At the start of the game, put this card into play, Icon of Sin side up.
Reveal cards from the top of the villain deck until you find 2 FALLEN cards. Put them into play.
Search the villain deck for 3 KEY cards and put them into play. Shuffle the deck.
GAME PLAY
When the Icon of Sin would be destroyed, flip the Icon of Sin's villain character cards instead.
The Icon of Sin is immune to damage until the Heroes play 3 KEY cards next to the Icon of Sin's character card.

Cyberdemon
GAME PLAY
When flipped to this side, restore Cyberdemon to 40 HP.
At the end of the villain turn, the Cyberdemon deals (H)-2 projectile damage to 3 non-villain targets with the highest HP.
Demon cards cannot be used for Savage Mana.

Difficulty: Not too Rough

Icon of Sin
SETUP
Reveal cards from the top of the villain deck until you find 2 FALLEN cards and 1 MINION card. Put them into play.
Search the villain deck for 3 KEY cards and put them into play. Shuffle the deck.
GAME PLAY
When the Icon of Sin would be destroyed, flip the Icon of Sin's villain character cards instead.
The Icon of Sin is immune to damage until the Heroes play 3 KEY cards next to the Icon of Sin's character card.

Cyberdemon
GAME PLAY
At the end of the villain turn, the Cyberdemon deals (H)-1 projectile damage to 3 non-villain targets with the highest HP.

Difficulty: Hurt me Plenty

Icon of Sin
SETUP
Reveal cards from the top of the villain deck until you find 2 FALLEN cards and 2 MINION cards. Put them into play.
GAME PLAY
At the end of the villain turn, the Icon of Sin plays the top card of the villain deck.

Cyberdemon
GAME PLAY
If an attack damages multiple villain targets, the Cyberdemon takes no damage from it.
At the end of the villain turn, the Cyberdemon deals (H)-1 projectile damage to 3 non-villain targets with the highest HP.

Difficulty: Ultra-Violence

Icon of Sin
SETUP
Reveal cards from the top of the villain deck until you find 2 FALLEN cards and 2 MINION cards. Put them into play.
Search the villain deck for 2 KEY cards and put them into play. Shuffle the deck.
GAME PLAY
At the end of the villain turn, the Icon of Sin plays the top card of the villain deck.

Cyberdemon
GAME PLAY
If an attack damages multiple villain targets, the Cyberdemon takes no damage from it.
At the end of the villain turn, the Cyberdemon deals (H) projectile damage to 3 non-villain targets with the highest HP.

Difficulty: Nightmare

Icon of Sin
SETUP
Reveal cards from the top of the villain deck until you find 2 FALLEN cards, 2 MINION cards and 1 BOSS card. Put them into play.
Search the villain deck for 2 KEY cards and put them into play. Shuffle the deck.
GAME PLAY

Cyberdemon
GAME PLAY
At the end of the villain turn, the Cyberdemon deals (H) projectile damage to 3 non-villain targets with the highest HP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sid M
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Villain Deck

3x Former Soldier
3 HP
Fallen
At the end of the villain turn, this card deals (H)-3 projectile damage to the hero with the highest HP.

3x Sergeant
3 HP
Fallen
At the end of the villain turn, this card deals the hero with the highest HP X projectile damage, where X = number of fallen in play (max 3).

1x Heavy Weapons Dude
5 HP
Fallen
At the end of the villain turn, this card deals (H)-2 projectile damage to the hero with the highest HP.
At the start of the villain turn, this card deals (H)-2 projectile damage to the hero with the highest HP.

1x Cacodemon
7 HP
Demon, Minion
At the end of the villain turn, this card deals (H)-1 lightning damage to the hero with the lowest HP.

1x Mancubus
7 HP
Demon, Minion
Mancubus is immune to fire.
At the end of the villain turn, this card deals (H)-1 fire damage to the hero with the highest HP.

3x Lost soul
3 HP
Lost Soul
At the end of the villain turn, this card deals the hero with the lowest HP 1 irreducible fire damage.

3x Demon
6 HP
Demon, Minion
At the start of the villain turn, this card deals (H)-2 melee damage to the hero with the highest HP.

3x Imp
4 HP
Demon, Minion
At the end of the villain turn, if this card was attacked last turn, it deals (H)-2 melee damage to the last target that attacked it;
Otherwise, this card deals (H)-2 fire damage to the hero with the highest HP.

1x Hell Knight
15 HP
Demon, Boss
At the start of the villain turn, this card deals (H) melee damage to the hero with the highest HP and destroys X hero equipment cards, where X = number of equipment cards in play / (H) (round up).

1x Revenant
15 HP
Demon, Boss
If this card was attacked last turn, it deals (H) damage to the last target that attacked it, otherwise, it deals (H)-1 projectile damage to (H)-2 targets.

1x Pain Elemental
15 HP
Demon, Boss
At the start of the villain turn, Destroy X hero ongoing cards where X = number of hero ongoings in play / (H) (round up); then if there are less than 3 LOST SOULs in play, search the villain trash and deck for a LOST SOUL and put it into play. If you searched the villain deck, shuffle it.

1x Arch-Vile
15 HP
Demon, Boss
At the end of the villain turn, if the villain trash is empty, this card deals (H) infernal damage to a hero. Otherwise, if the top card of the trash is a DEMON MINION, put it into play. If the top card is not a DEMON MINION, shuffle it into the villain deck and repeat.

1x Blue Key Card
Key
This card is indestructible.
A hero may skip their entire turn to take this card into their hand.
A player can only play this card next to the villain character card.

1x Red Key Card
Key

1x Yellow Key Card
Key

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
bytegod wrote:
If you read the SETUP section up above, you will notice that all 3 keys already start out in play!

So they do! My mistake!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Sinnett
United States
Philomath
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, kind of bumping a very old post up, but I finally got around to playing with this deck after having it in my box for *years*, and ran into a thing I suspect needs to be addressed. Specifically: When does the Revenant go off?

Because seriously, we couldn't figure out what the heck that card was telling us to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad you bumped this, this is cool! I've never really played Doom, but I have a healthy appreciation for this conversion, especially the difficulty levels and the way the key cards work.

One thought: It would be easier if the Revenant and Imp just retaliated when dealt damage. Keeping track of who hit what for a whole turn could be a little complicated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seamus Butler
Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmb
HikariStarshine wrote:
Yeah, kind of bumping a very old post up, but I finally got around to playing with this deck after having it in my box for *years*, and ran into a thing I suspect needs to be addressed. Specifically: When does the Revenant go off?

Because seriously, we couldn't figure out what the heck that card was telling us to do.

Hadn't noticed that when we played it (and we've done it a few times).
We've always used it as a Start of Turn Action so as not to get confused with everything going on in the Villian turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Take Walker
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I played this deck finally and wanted to show off what happened!

A few thoughts, not that I'm sure the creator will come back:

- Like others have said, the Revenant doesn't have a time when it acts. We did it at the end of the villain turn, that seemed reasonable.
- I stand by my earlier statement that just having reaction damage would be better than "attack the last thing that attacked this card". That being said, it actually wasn't hard to keep track of, especially when we had AoE damage from Endlings. (Not in that video.)
- Why do the Demons attack at the start? It just means you're likely to kill them before they get a chance to do anything.
- The difficulty levels might actually be too easy, I dunno. <.< Level 2 we won handily, level 5 we won with a strong support team and a good choice of environment. It was definitely a game we could have lost (we were playing Drift wrong, for one thing), but no matter what happens, you get into a situation where you more or less know what's coming up, minus Archvile summonings. It's predictable, in other words, especially since there aren't any non-target villain cards other than the keys.
- Why "current number in play divided by (H)"? Just destroy one ongoing/equipment, it'll be fine and not too much to keep track of.

I like the deck though, especially since we'd been playing the Doom board game at the same time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.