Subject: Dice in catholic rebellion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Davide Pellacani
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,
in the espionage table, is stated, regarding the subject of the post, between other rules:

+2 dice: Spanish regular in Ireland or Scotland
+4 dice: Spanish regular in England

I've a doubt, does it means that for each spanish regular you have to add the showed amount of dice, or for one or more regulars in england, for instance, you always have exactly 4 dice?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Krach
Germany
Potsdam
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You get the bonus once for having units in the countries at all independant of their number. The the two different boni are cumulative, i.e. if you have units in England and in Ireland/ Scotland you will get +6.

The +2 for Ireland/Scotland you get only once even if you have units in both of them (written in the FAQs if I remember correctly).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davide Pellacani
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Periplaneta wrote:
You get the bonus once for having units in the countries at all independant of their number. The the two different boni are cumulative, i.e. if you have units in England and in Ireland/ Scotland you will get +6.

The +2 for Ireland/Scotland you get only once even if you have units in both of them (written in the FAQs if I remember correctly).

I've your same opinion, otherwise the catholic rebellion would be too much easier for spanish; however in the FAQ (I've read it before post) is stated only that Ireland and scottish dice are not cumulative, I'm afraid that presently a spanish player could assert +x dice for each spanish regular.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristian Thy
Denmark
Taastrup
flag msg tools
Together, we are the United Nations
badge
Gunulfr ok Øgotr ok Aslakr ok Rolfr resþu sten þænsi æftir Ful, felaga sin, ær warþ ... døþr, þa kunungar barþusk.
mb
pdp0 wrote:
however in the FAQ (I've read it before post) is stated only that Ireland and scottish dice are not cumulative, I'm afraid that presently a spanish player could assert +x dice for each spanish regular.

No s/he can't.

The clarification concerns the question of whether you could get +2 for presence in Ireland AND +2 for presence in Scotland.

I'd say that it's as obvious that you only get the +4 once for presence as it's obvious that you only get the +2 once, so that one probably needs an FAQ entry as well ... zombie

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven
United States
Spokane
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"The mystery of life isn't a problem to solve, but a reality to experience"
mbmbmbmbmb
pdp0 wrote:
I've your same opinion, otherwise the catholic rebellion would be too much easier for spanish; however in the FAQ (I've read it before post) is stated only that Ireland and scottish dice are not cumulative, I'm afraid that presently a spanish player could assert +x dice for each spanish regular.

I do not think they can and if they did, they are trying to bend the rules in their favor.

The only modifier that is cumlative is Jesuits: +1 die per Jesuit in England.

You only get extra dice for having Spanish regulars in Ireland or Scotland and then England (not per unit):

+2 Dice: Spanish regular in Ireland or England
+4 Dice: Spanish regular in England

EDIT: Also, the FAQ entry quoted below essentially confirms that even if you have multiple regulars in Scotland or Ireland, you still only get one +2 dice modifier for meeting that criteria.

turbothy wrote:
I'd say that it's as obvious that you only get the +4 once for presence as it's obvious that you only get the +2 once, so that one probably needs an FAQ entry as well ... zombie

This one is already covered in the June 28th FAQ.

Quote:
English Catholic Rebellion:
Are these two attack dice modifiers cumulative: “+2 dice: Spanish regular in Ireland or Scotland”; and “+4 dice: Spanish regular in England”?
Yes, they are. However if there are Spanish regulars in both Ireland and Scotland, the Spanish player only receives 2 extra dice (not 4).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davide Pellacani
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll agree with You all, however in a table of "Attorneys" playing VQ I don't believe that the reasonableness would prevale laugh .
My next table would'nt include attorneys .

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.