Recommend
5 
 Thumb up
 Hide
17 Posts

The Great Fire of London 1666» Forums » News

Subject: 2nd Edition (Pandasaurus version) worldwide distribution rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Denning
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
West Mids
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I will be selling 2nd edition Games via the Medusa website for world wide, eu and UK customers. Pandasaurus bought the rights for NORTH AMERICAN distribution but are suplying Medusa with copies.
See:http://www.medusagames.co.uk/buying.php
I will put a price on there once I have details of delivery from Pandasaurus.

I will sell at comparable price to Pandasaurus plus postage to where-ever.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that I know the answers, but ...

... is there any chance of a 'sort out the mess' upgrade for those of us with the 1st edition. You know, consistent colours across the houses, board, cards and rules and all that sort of thing?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
32 pounds shipping?

Um, is that really an accurate price? Treefrog games charge $20US, which is less than half of that, and they are shipping games basically the same size.


Misunderstood, please ignore.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Edward J Grug III wrote:
32 pounds shipping?

Um, is that really an accurate price? Treefrog games charge $20US, which is less than half of that, and they are shipping games basically the same size.

That is the price of the 1st edition, but I think that price is £32 shipping and the game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JoffW wrote:
Edward J Grug III wrote:
32 pounds shipping?

Um, is that really an accurate price? Treefrog games charge $20US, which is less than half of that, and they are shipping games basically the same size.

That is the price of the 1st edition, but I think that price is £32 shipping and the game.


I knew it was the first edition, but I did misunderstand that it was for both the game and the postage - shock withdrawn!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Denning
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
West Mids
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AnnuverScotinExile wrote:
I think that I know the answers, but ...

... is there any chance of a 'sort out the mess' upgrade for those of us with the 1st edition. You know, consistent colours across the houses, board, cards and rules and all that sort of thing?


I was not the publisher of the 1st edition and whislt I sympathise about the issues with the 1st edition (which irritated me at least as much as players) I am not in a position to provide 2500 free upgrades. I am not the publisher of the 2nd edition but will have a suply of games to sell.

The 1st edition is perfetly playable with minor irritations (colours and cones) no worse then many games I own. Where games were not playable (say damaged boards then replacements were provided.)
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Denning
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
West Mids
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Edward J Grug III wrote:
JoffW wrote:
Edward J Grug III wrote:
32 pounds shipping?

Um, is that really an accurate price? Treefrog games charge $20US, which is less than half of that, and they are shipping games basically the same size.

That is the price of the 1st edition, but I think that price is £32 shipping and the game.


I knew it was the first edition, but I did misunderstand that it was for both the game and the postage - shock withdrawn!


Yes I am selling 1st edition games at £25 inc P+P in UK, £30 in europe, £32 worldwide surface mail and £40 worldwide airmail. (UK first class post about £6, worldwide surface mail is about £12, airmail more like £20 so this works out about £20 a game.)

I will announce the 2nd eidtion prices when I have more information. I CERTAINLY wont take pre-orders until I have a delivery date to the UK.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
rdenning wrote:
AnnuverScotinExile wrote:
I think that I know the answers, but ...

... is there any chance of a 'sort out the mess' upgrade for those of us with the 1st edition. You know, consistent colours across the houses, board, cards and rules and all that sort of thing?


I was not the publisher of the 1st edition and whislt I sympathise about the issues with the 1st edition (which irritated me at least as much as players) I am not in a position to provide 2500 free upgrades. I am not the publisher of the 2nd edition but will have a suply of games to sell.

The 1st edition is perfetly playable with minor irritations (colours and cones) no worse then many games I own. Where games were not playable (say damaged boards then replacements were provided.)
I never asked for free - and I know it was not your fault as you will see from multiple posts on these forums. I have also asked Pandasourus and got no reply at all, though I cannot say that I am surprised.

Players in my group have blamed the colours thing for their losses, and are not keen to play again. I know that you can mitigate the issues somewhat by removing those colours from the cards the players draw, but then everyone knows that orange is not in play, which changes the game somewhat.

So, yes, it is playable, but the niggles render it far less likely to be played than other games that are no better (and probably worse) but don't have those sorts of issues.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
AnnuverScotinExile wrote:
I never asked for free - and I know it was not your fault as you will see from multiple posts on these forums. I have also asked Pandasourus and got no reply at all, though I cannot say that I am surprised.


If you're willing to pay a little money, red settlers merchant pieces fix the cones, and you can easily buy settlers houses and pawns in the relevant colours from somewhere like spielmaterial.de. There was an issue with everyone's orange pieces being too dark, but I believe this is fixed now.

If you're going to be at Essen, both BEDI and Spielemateriel have booths where you can pick out exactly what you want.

B>
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pandasaurus Games
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome,

Glad to see this got posted. I've been away on a small vacation that provided less internet connectivity than I had hoped.

Hopefully this will answer all the questions from international backers with the Kickstarter. Pandasaurus (as I've said) only has North American publication rights, but as part of our agreement Richard will be supplied with copies once available.

I'm going to keep Richard in the loop with regards to UK shipping. Right now, we're hoping to have them in the US in January and on a boat to England as quickly as humanly possible after that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Morris
Scotland
Harrogate
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
Join the BGG Folding @Home Team !!
badge
This user had more :gg: than sense
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thepackrat wrote:
AnnuverScotinExile wrote:
I never asked for free - and I know it was not your fault as you will see from multiple posts on these forums. I have also asked Pandasourus and got no reply at all, though I cannot say that I am surprised.


If you're willing to pay a little money, red settlers merchant pieces fix the cones, and you can easily buy settlers houses and pawns in the relevant colours from somewhere like spielmaterial.de. There was an issue with everyone's orange pieces being too dark, but I believe this is fixed now.

If you're going to be at Essen, both BEDI and Spielemateriel have booths where you can pick out exactly what you want.

B>
But that does not fix things like the rules or compatibility with the cards or the board. I was aware of Spielmateriel - I buy quite a lot from them. But if I am going to shell out a non trivial cost, I want a complete fix not a partial one.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Murphy
Australia
Pyrmont
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The board is missing a tiny number of arrows, easily fixed by printing up some new ones on transparent labels, if you don't want to simply take a pen to the board. The extra arrows on the cards are irrelevant, and presumably the new rules will be available if you so desire.

The broken pieces is probably the biggest thing and it's quite easy to fix.

B>
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Denning
United Kingdom
Sutton Coldfield
West Mids
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Certainly Pandasaurus will not be supplying replacement parts for 1st edition owners as they did not print 1st edition parts.

I think the 2nd edition is primarily about suplying folk who have not had the game or would prefer to buy a complete new edition.

There is no attempt to match 1st edition parts and colours to 2nd edition anyway so I dont think this is a solution you seek. Sizes, shapes and colours may vary.

Whilst the colour issue is damned anoying - all it really takes is at the start to point out YOU are RED and YOU are Natural. Yes irritating but I have no easy solution to offer.

All I can say is that if I as Medusa publish/sell new games (rather than just being the designer) then I will endeavour to make sure this type of error does not occur again.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Forrest
Australia
Embleton
Western Australia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This is great news - The only downside is it means we can't help the Kickstarter reach its goal or the stretch rewards.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Warren
United Kingdom
Wisbech
CAMBRIDGESHIRE
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Elves are very good at board games, and I'm NOT an elf!"
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Edward J Grug III wrote:
This is great news - The only downside is it means we can't help the Kickstarter reach its goal or the stretch rewards.

Another downside is that Pandasaurus Games have mentioned that some of the stretch goals (if they even reach them) might be Kickstarter exclusive (very bad word to use for a KS campaign). Certainly the $75K custom meeples are Kickstarter exclusive. This would mean that any copies purchased outside the Kickstarter will not have whatever exclusives come with the game. This is a terrible move. I really want to support this, seeing that I was quite an avid supporter of the first print run, but this is just bad news. I can't support via Kickstarter, and the copies that ship over here will not have any exclusives (once again, if they are reached). shake
1 
 Thumb up
0.02
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Wilson
United Kingdom
Burton on Trent
Staffordshire
flag msg tools
badge
Do I own too many games?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You can also still get the 1st ed from Spiritgames here

http://www.spiritgames.co.uk/single.php?menu=2&sub=4&game=53...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Gordon
United Kingdom
Brampton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Mysterons - my kind of club...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad to see this game get the 2nd edition make-over. It is a shame that the KS is US-Canada only as their KS bonus ideas I think are attractively compatible. I have a first edition, and I'm thankful that the designer and others took the time to outline the errors and shortfalls that they and others discovered from the production efforts. Would I want a 2nd edition? Well - possibly, but it's less of a purchase priority because without the KS goodies, it is in my eyes just a 'fix' for what the game should have been first time around. I may still drop a dollar for wishful thinking, but I'm suspicious that doing that from the UK will cost me, the bank and Amazon more to process than it's actually worth.

Good luck with the project though

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.