Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Moores
United Kingdom
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do I gain VP's, and conditions for enemy Battalions destroyed by a MLRS strike? 2. What happens when the target of a planned airstrike is destroyed by MLRS? Do the aircraft and pilots call it a day?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Key
United States
Knoxville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You destroyed the ENTIRE battalion with MLRS? Wow!

I would assume that you gain the VP, etc. regardless of how the Bttn. was destroyed. I would also assume that since at the beginning of the day you have to designate which aircraft and pilots fly each mission that those pilots and aircraft are unavailable for further missions that day.

But do they have to take the Mission stress I wonder? (Does the mission get scrubbed before the aircraft take off?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Medeiros
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The MLRS strike rolls a die against each unit in a single battalion (not against each battalion on the sector map!). It's a 30% chance to hit each one; I'd be stunned if this wiped out every unit in the battalion. Still, it's possible (say, if you had one of the battalions with just a few units, already reduced to half). Since the event card draw comes after the abort mission option, I'd say the pilots show up, get stress, and go home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Moores
United Kingdom
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OOPS! Thanks for replying. Even my MEGA MLRS couldn't stop the North Koreans in General War. Another great Leader game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Yarto
United States
Houston
Texas
flag msg tools
Raining down board gaming fun since 1985!
badge
Play DVG's Field Commander Nimitz!
mbmbmbmbmb
Smeagollum wrote:
Since the event card draw comes after the abort mission option, I'd say the pilots show up, get stress, and go home.

I had a question about this event a few weeks back and never got an answer...so the attack occurs before the aircraft even show up on the map correct? Not after??

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig H
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ravenbro wrote:
Smeagollum wrote:
Since the event card draw comes after the abort mission option, I'd say the pilots show up, get stress, and go home.

I had a question about this event a few weeks back and never got an answer...so the attack occurs before the aircraft even show up on the map correct? Not after??

Thanks!

Yes! And you roll for every single unit on the terrain hexes, a lot of rolling, but I wound up taking out one third of the units I was going to face. And then I was cursing myself for having wasted so much SO on missles for that mission as it was a milk run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael esposito
United States
morton grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. The probability of wiping out a battalion with n units is:

or for 10 units would be 0.000006 = 0.0006%!!!!surprise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig H
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So it's not Impossible!

Cubs winning the World Series type of odds whistle, but NOT impossible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walters
United States
Hercules
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, but the MLRS will nail at least 5 out of 10 about 15% of the time.

Love anydice.com!

output 10d{0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,1,1}>4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michael esposito
United States
morton grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CardinalFan wrote:
So it's not Impossible!

Cubs winning the World Series type of odds whistle, but NOT impossible.

Lived in Saint louis for 3 long years! Nice people, but they love to rub it in!!!angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig H
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cards n Cubbies is a special rivalry, and it's all we have besides half a McDonalds logo in our city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.