Hide
17 Posts

Talisman (Revised 4th Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: Any Rumors Concerning Upcoming Expansion? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
gig gig
msg tools
Has anyone heard anything RE: the next corner expansion? I've been harboring a desperate hope that another corner-board will be released in time for Xmas. Anyone got any dirt on this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tcollins wrote:
Has anyone heard anything RE: the next corner expansion? I've been harboring a desperate hope that another corner-board will be released in time for Xmas. Anyone got any dirt on this?

Did you want my The Highland expansion? That's a corner thingy, but I have to warn you, it doesn't add much to the game other than a couple of new characters and a region that nobody seems to go to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Wardle
United Kingdom
Huddersfield
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No idea but I want to start a rumour that it will either be "The City" or a large "Woodland".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse W.
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Game-playing Meowstic
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm pretty sure the next expansion is Timescape.devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
These large corner expansions don't fit on my table soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Wiese
Germany
35043 Marburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PzVIE wrote:

I had this problem as well but then I measured the board + expansions, went to the carpenter and said "please make a wooden plate of these measures" and the problem was solved
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Chalfont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSimon wrote:
PzVIE wrote:

I had this problem as well but then I measured the board + expansions, went to the carpenter and said "please make a wooden plate of these measures" and the problem was solved

Then I went to a builder and said please build me a room that will fit this table I had made for the Talisman board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elliott Eastoe
United Kingdom
Street
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And then you said please don't make a Sci-fi Timescape Expansion for Talisman, as it doesn't belong in the Fantasy Realm lol

Ell.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse W.
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Game-playing Meowstic
mbmbmbmbmb
talismanamsilat wrote:
And then you said please don't make a Sci-fi Timescape Expansion for Talisman, as it doesn't belong in the Fantasy Realm lol

Ell.

Honestly, they probably won't. Didn't I hear about a standalone game based off of Talisman but set in the WH40K universe? They will make that instead, and someone will come up with rules to use it as an expansion for Talisman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Loblah
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mb
BDSb wrote:
talismanamsilat wrote:

Ell.

Honestly, they probably won't. Didn't I hear about a standalone game based off of Talisman but set in the WH40K universe? They will make that instead, and someone will come up with rules to use it as an expansion for Talisman.

Actually, it looked rather likely that it will be usable as a Talisman expansion as is out of the box, while still being a standalone game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Forrey
United States
Dallastown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RayGuns wrote:
tcollins wrote:

Did you want my The Highland expansion? That's a corner thingy, but I have to warn you, it doesn't add much to the game other than a couple of new characters and a region that nobody seems to go to.

Very odd seing as its the best place to go in the early game for cheap items and things to fight that are reasonable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Browne
United States
Terre Haute
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I know, FFG is still planning on releasing more expansions at some point in the future. With John Goodenough no longer at FFG, there might be a delay as they move the project to someone else.

If there is any chance of something being published by this X-mas, FFG will probably say something about it at GenCon. Look for notes from people who go to Mr. Petersen's Flightplan Report there. If you know someone going, or going yourself, ask about it at the Flightplan Report.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Bolton
England
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
nothing to see here, move along
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BDSb wrote:

I actually like the Timescape Expansion (to 1st/2nd Edition).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse W.
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Game-playing Meowstic
mbmbmbmbmb
nickbolton wrote:
BDSb wrote:

I actually like the Timescape Expansion (to 1st/2nd Edition).

I've never actually played it, as I got into Talisman with Revised 4th. It's just my understanding that Timescape is much loathed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
“It's all in the mind.” ― George Harrison
badge
Devoted Follower of the Most Holy Church of the Evil Bob. Possessed and down the road to become chaotic, evil & naughty. All hail the Evil Bob and his Stargate.
mbmbmbmbmb
As there are rumors about an FFG 40K Talisman game, there will probably be rules for combining these games.

For Talisman 4th, I'd prefer a game without SciFi meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Forrey
United States
Dallastown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Most people I know banned timescape from 2nd edition because the characters weren't even remotely fair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.