Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paul IWontSay
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Hey gamers from Van!

I have just moved from Downtown Vancouver to Richmond, so my favourite stores are kinda out of reach. I was going through an list of board game stores in Vancouver the other day and I found one shop, called "Imperial Hobbies", located in Richmond. Although after checking their site, I am not fully convinced that this is a true board games stores, it looks to me more like a store filled with various items used in your downtime to kill some time (if you know what I mean).

So has anyone ever visited this store? Is it worth visiting?

Thanks,
Paul! ninja

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shannon L
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I've been to Imperial. The store is pretty big. They carry everything from comic books to models and board games too boot.

It does have a decent amount of board games but the prices can be a bit high.

That's my two cents, it's worth checking out. I remember they had a lot of war games. In the end you're still better off buying from Starlit Citadels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grand Prince Poutine Lord High Thrifter
Canada
Vancouver
flag msg tools
badge
Please support the International Diplomacy Repository -- where your donations of Diplomacy games are always happily accepted!
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Shannon's comments. But if you're looking for something closer, a good option is The Connection on Cambie at Marine. That's just across the bridge from Richmond. Perhaps not as cheap as Starlit Citadels, but very fine service/selection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Laws
Canada
British Columbia
flag msg tools
designer
"I play to win, as much or more than any egoist who thinks he's going to win by other means. I want to win the match. But I don't give in to tactical reasoning as the only way to win, rather I believe that efficacy is not divorced from beauty."
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the best selection of wargames in town, and it may be that they're carrying stuff that Starlit Citadel doesn't.

Check first though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'├ętat, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
Imperial Hobbies is THE hobby outlet in the lower mainland. They have the biggest wargame selection in the area, they have Euros, minis, RPGs, CCGs, model kits, comics, books, paint, airbrushes, etc etc etc.

Their board game prices are average among the brick and mortar shops. They do have a club you can join for a fee that gives you 15% off everything all the time. They also have great sales, usually twice a year.

You can get stuff cheaper from online sources (I include Starlit Citadel in the online shops category), but that's true of pretty much anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.