Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Airborne In Your Pocket» Forums » General

Subject: Number of Players and Sets of Cards and multiplayer question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Click
United States
Bristol
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Nothing to see here
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Is my understanding correct in this:

There will be separate decks of cards released for multiple players. In order to play a two player game, two decks of cards would have to be purchased. When I say decks, I am assuming each "deck" will include location tiles and event cards.

Will there be additional decks released where more than four can play?

It also looks like the different cards will have "standard card deck suits" to show which deck the cards came from... will the different decks also have location variations?

I also assume that somehow the players will have the added problem of linking together their outside location tiles with those of the others as they all head to the same bunker. All four players taking on the same bunker. Is this true, one bunker that will be huge vs. four smaller bunkers...

What happens if player's "time" gets out of sync because one player rested and had to discard more cards than the other players... does that player have to wait a turn?

Anyway, that is all that has popped into my head at this time. Thanks.

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sayburr wrote:
Is my understanding correct in this:

There will be separate decks of cards released for multiple players. In order to play a two player game, two decks of cards would have to be purchased. When I say decks, I am assuming each "deck" will include location tiles and event cards.


They're not really decks, but "sets". Each will include Events, Locations, a dial card and a minifig.

Sayburr wrote:
Will there be additional decks released where more than four can play?


I'll be looking into ways to make the game playable with more than 4, but I cannot guarantee anything for now.

Sayburr wrote:
It also looks like the different cards will have "standard card deck suits" to show which deck the cards came from... will the different decks also have location variations?


Each set will have 16 different Locations. However, it is possible we'll release some bonus Event decks, which will include only Events and their corresponding Item cards.

Also, the "standard deck suits" are taken from D-Day: the 4 Regiments of the 101st Airborne Division painted a different symbol on their helmets to identify themselves. The club was the 327th GIR (Glider Infantry Regiment), diamond was the 501 PIR (Parachute Infantry Regiment), club was the 502 PIR and spade was the 506th. Take a look at the series "Band of Brothers", which depicts the 506: you'll see the spade quite clearly on the guys' helmets.

Sayburr wrote:
I also assume that somehow the players will have the added problem of linking together their outside location tiles with those of the others as they all head to the same bunker. All four players taking on the same bunker. Is this true, one bunker that will be huge vs. four smaller bunkers...


Yes. In a 4-player game, for example, you'll have 1 big bunker with 3 Guns.

Sayburr wrote:
What happens if player's "time" gets out of sync because one player rested and had to discard more cards than the other players... does that player have to wait a turn?


If this happens, players take their turn normally. We will simply consider that their watches are "out of sync", which can happen in the heat of battle.

Anyway, that is all that has popped into my head at this time. Thanks.

[/q]
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Rodriguez
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
DO you merge every set together for a multiplayer game? Since some sets are harder than others, how would that work for difficulty for the players?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaelistus wrote:
DO you merge every set together for a multiplayer game? Since some sets are harder than others, how would that work for difficulty for the players?


You only merge the Inside Locations together (for the Bunker). But players will use their own set of Events, and usually move on their own set of Outside Locations, so you will still feel a difference between the sets (especially in the Items printed on the Events and the rewards from the Secondary Objectives).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Rodriguez
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Amiral wrote:
Kaelistus wrote:
DO you merge every set together for a multiplayer game? Since some sets are harder than others, how would that work for difficulty for the players?


You only merge the Inside Locations together (for the Bunker). But players will use their own set of Events, and usually move on their own set of Outside Locations, so you will still feel a difference between the sets (especially in the Items printed on the Events and the rewards from the Secondary Objectives).


So if I want everyone to have the same difficulty (This isn't a coop game, right?), do I have to buy multiple sets of the same type?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emmanuel Aquin
Canada
Mont-Saint-Hilaire
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
And D-Day Dice, too!
badge
I'm an "A"vatar.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaelistus wrote:
Amiral wrote:
Kaelistus wrote:
DO you merge every set together for a multiplayer game? Since some sets are harder than others, how would that work for difficulty for the players?


You only merge the Inside Locations together (for the Bunker). But players will use their own set of Events, and usually move on their own set of Outside Locations, so you will still feel a difference between the sets (especially in the Items printed on the Events and the rewards from the Secondary Objectives).


So if I want everyone to have the same difficulty (This isn't a coop game, right?), do I have to buy multiple sets of the same type?


This IS a coop!

So you should never need more than the 4 sets. Even if a player has a harder set than you, you must still help him!

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Felix Rodriguez
United States
Somerville
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
Ooohh.. Ok. I don't know why I thought this wasn't coop. Great!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.