Hide
9 Posts

Mage Knight Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: What does the score mean? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
LargeGoblin
msg tools
I see people discussing what their highest scores are but I was wondering if there were any baselines to go by as to what constitutes a bad or good score. In Hornet Leader, the scores are given a breakdown from "Dismal" to "Great." I realize the scores should be different in each scenario and that you're always trying to beat your best score, I just want to know what is considered a decent, great, or abysmal score.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb

0 zombie

50 soblue

100 modest

200 laugh

250 surprise

300 sauron
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim OConnor
United States
cedar rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:

0 zombie

50 soblue

100 modest

200 laugh

250 surprise

300 sauron

I'm assuming this is for Solo Conquest.

Also, note that you should get more points by default by increasing the difficulty of the cities (due to the increase in monsters and/or monster difficulty).

Those posts were people put their score should also mention the difficulty level played. However, I would say this is a pretty good scale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LargeGoblin
msg tools
So, if I'm reading this correctly, I can smile if my score is 150-199, so this is the normal range?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
mbmbmb
LargeGoblin wrote:
So, if I'm reading this correctly, I can smile if my score is 150-199, so this is the normal range?

Something like that. This is strictly about the basic Solo Conquest scenario, and it's more or less off the top of my head. (From scores and discussions in other threads alongside my own meager experience.) Beating both cities, without getting too ugly, ought to get you in the neighborhood of 150 or more.

The highest reported solo score on these boards, I think, is Rich P's 289. You can see him break it down here.

If you manage 300 or more, I will suspect that you are not of mortal flesh... (Or an expansion playtester! Tricksy hobbitses!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LargeGoblin
msg tools
If I manage to score 300+, you should assume I made some big mistake.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
This thread gives me an idea.

...[Closed] Ye Olde Mage Knight Solo Conquest Scoreboarde!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lex Major
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Absolutely love what you did Tumorous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Steynen
Belgium
Wilrijk
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LargeGoblin wrote:
If I manage to score 300+, you should assume I made some big mistake.

If it is one of your first games, then definitively yes. If you are very experienced and lucky you might be able to pull it off I guess.

In my experience this chart seems to be pretty spot on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.