2019: The ARCTIC» Forums » Rules

Subject: Legal & Illegal mining platforms rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
Here the truceless armies yet / Trample, rolled in blood and sweat; / They kill and kill and never die; / And I think that each is I. // None will part us, none undo / The knot that makes one flesh of two, /
badge
Sick with hatred, sick with pain, / Strangling -- When shall we be slain? // When shall I be dead and rid / Of the wrong my father did? / How long, how long, till spade and hearse / Puts to sleep my mother's curse?
mbmbmbmbmb
Can Illegal mining platforms ever be converted to Legal mining platforms? (This question assumes that the legal status changes later in the game to allow a previously illegal platform built in a open sea sector to be built then as a legal platform.)

Or does the illegal mining platform have to be removed (either voluntarily or destroyed) in the sea sector before a legal mining platform can be built there?

--

Also, just to confirm that I'm interpreting the rules correctly:

If a player uses his Lobbyist to perform the 'Build mining platform' action during step 6, he can only build 1 (one) mining platform (legal or illegal). Is this correct?

Or can a player build as many mining platforms has he has money to pay for them?

--

I finally played this game for the first time on Sunday, and I really enjoyed it. I look forward to playing this again soon!

David

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john guthrie
United States
silver spring
maryland
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rules say:
As a result of a new applicable law or ship movements, it is possible that platforms (legal or illegal) may be in sectors controlled by new countries. All such platforms are destroyed: remove their markers from the map. This does not apply to platforms which are protected by lobbyists

i don't think there's any other way, because sectors not controlled by countries only have illegal platforms
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ludwig Seitz
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
For the first question read the last paragraph on page 13 of the rules:
"Politically protected platforms can become legal in the new country ...."

Second question: Yes you are right, only one platform per action.

Have fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
San Clemente
California
flag msg tools
Here the truceless armies yet / Trample, rolled in blood and sweat; / They kill and kill and never die; / And I think that each is I. // None will part us, none undo / The knot that makes one flesh of two, /
badge
Sick with hatred, sick with pain, / Strangling -- When shall we be slain? // When shall I be dead and rid / Of the wrong my father did? / How long, how long, till spade and hearse / Puts to sleep my mother's curse?
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you both!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.