3 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: Blue Moon - Card Game Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kev Liebb
msg tools
Hello,

I'd like to know whether "Blue Moon" (2-player-card-game) can be recommended as a very good game for two players which makes fun even after having played it some times.

Furthermore, which one of the expansions is the "best"?

Thank you =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a huge fan of Blue Moon. Even if you never get into customizing decks, I find the game has a lot of replayability. Each deck has it's own unique features that interact differently with each of the other decks, so the more different decks you get the more of these different interactions you get to experience.

And when you DO add in the custom decks options the amount of variety explodes off the charts.

In short - awesome game, lots of replayability, get as many expansions as you can find (the game is OOP and many of the decks are already hard to get).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blank Francis
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say that Blue Moon becomes more fun the more you play it, as you learn the strengths and weaknesses of each deck, and how they interact with each other.

As for expansions, Octavian is right - some of them are very hard to find these days, so grab what you can!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.