Patar Absurdus the Shananigator
United States
Carrollton
TX
flag msg tools
"what you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought.
badge
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that it is very advantageous to be first on all the tracks and that the last track allows one to play more special order tokens if they are closer to first. That said, what is the advantage to coming in second on the throne or the sword tracks?

Sorry if I have some of the terms incorrect. I don't have the game or manual in front of me.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ft
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mb
If you're higher on the Iron Throne track, you act before those who are later in line. There are many times when acting before your neighbors can be advantageous.

If you're higher on the Fiefdoms track (sword track), you win tied battles against people who are lower on the track. It's always good to be higher on this track than your neighbors because it makes your military that much more powerful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
No one expects the Spanish penguin!
mbmbmbmbmb
Martell has all the reason to, because he can bump people to the back of the track.

But aside from that special case, for the fiefdom's (sword) track, allowing you to win ties can make a big difference. Not many battles end up tied, but usually because people calculate beforehand if they can win. Being able to win ties is like having an additional half value strength in battle, and can turn the tides in many instances. Otherwise, it doesn't matter.

For the iron throne, it all depends on how soon or late you want to take your turn. Usually you want to be either first or last in turn order. Last is good because you can respond or react to other players. But depending on how the board is at the time, acting first can be very advantageous. Especially for marching on opposing armies before they can march/support, or marching on their siege engines, or to take the final 7th castle before they have a chance to stop you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Fischer
United States
Ellendale
North Dakota
flag msg tools
badge
And like that... he's gone
mbmbmbmbmb
Plus it is great for you if Doran Martell decides to strip a title from someone and then hand to the next in line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patar Absurdus the Shananigator
United States
Carrollton
TX
flag msg tools
"what you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response, were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought.
badge
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."
mbmbmbmbmb
aaaah, I thought that the 1st player on the feifdom track got to choose who wins ties. Being higher on that track sounds much more appealing now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.