Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
charlie riegle
United States
norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
Looking for a fourth player to play Eclipse using Vassal via Dropbox. Someone with at least a few games under their belts and an understanding of the rules. Anybody interested?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
. .

Apex
North Carolina
msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Let us know how it turns out. Post screenshots?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ben m
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I would be up for this but not used Vassal before so might be complicated.

FYI, I work in IT so I am not completely useless with computers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
charlie riegle
United States
norfolk
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
I think we can make this work and get you up to speed on Vassal. Can you geekmail your email address to me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
spoon_platoon wrote:

I've played it, and it's not that hard. But, I felt the experience was greatly diminished compared to actually playing the game... mostly this was due to not being able to get a full picture of what was going on, and having to shuffle the windows around to see multiple boards at once. It was more fiddly than setting up a game of Eclipse every time I played it.

That doesn't mean I don't think you should do it - just don't judge the game based on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ben m
United Kingdom
london
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
spoon_platoon wrote:

I've played it, and it's not that hard. But, I felt the experience was greatly diminished compared to actually playing the game... mostly this was due to not being able to get a full picture of what was going on, and having to shuffle the windows around to see multiple boards at once. It was more fiddly than setting up a game of Eclipse every time I played it.

That doesn't mean I don't think you should do it - just don't judge the game based on it.

Giving it a go now. Pretty straight forward stuff and Charlie's guidance is much appreciated.

As for the lesser experience, I have the game and have played it a few times and as with any real life vs computer boardgame the RL version is always far superior but I'm loving the game and just want to play so am happy to put up with the issues you described

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Great! Through the Ages does not suffer from that problem, by the way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Dimicatio

Genève
msg tools
mbmb
Would be very interested in joining such a game!

Let me know if you need somebody...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Pole
Canada
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am up for playing on Vassal as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.