Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
B Wilde
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Hello,

I'm trying my hand at designing board games and my friends have brought me here. The plan right now is to make free-to-play print games and release them on my website.

www.twitchsketch.ca

There is only one game online now, but you can download the dice game for free, print, cut, assemble, and play.

I'm working on a few more games to place online for free, but my goal is to save up enough and start selling real games(mostly card). You can see samples of my rough work on http://twitchsketching.tumblr.com

But yes, so, let me know what you think and any feedback would be great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Wilde
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Also,

Is this the best location to share games? While the feedback and design advice is great. I'm also looking to just share my games. Is there other forums on the site I should use?

Thanks,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
twitchSKETCH wrote:
Also,

Is this the best location to share games? While the feedback and design advice is great. I'm also looking to just share my games. Is there other forums on the site I should use?

Thanks,

Have you created entries for the games in the BGG database? That'd be a good start.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kurthl33t wrote:
twitchSKETCH wrote:
Also,

Thanks,

Have you created entries for the games in the BGG database? That'd be a good start.

Keeping in mind that you should not submit WIPs to the database. Thats what the design forum is for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Pelikan
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
twitchSKETCH wrote:
Is there other forums on the site I should use?

The Press Releases subforum serves that very purpose.

As for feedback: I hope you're aware that Roll in the Patients is a zero-decision game like Snakes&Ladders. How many dice to roll is a false decision, as it's currently always best to roll them all (expectation value +0.5). If it's intended to be just a pastime for young kids, fine. If not, you could e.g. make the healing probability dependent on total number of viruses rolled. There would still be an optimum number of dice to roll, but it would be less obvious.

How about: one medicine die with 0/1/2/3/4/5 pills on the respective sides. 7 patients dice with faces healed (+1VP), incurable (-1VP) and sick (1/2/3/4 bacteria) patients. You roll N patients dice (N=1-7, your choice), and the medicine die. You then may re-roll any number of sick patients (healed and incurable patients are frozen). If you do, you also have to re-roll the medicine die.
Finally you may use the pills to kill bacteria, each pill killing one bacterium. Any patient without bacteria left is healed (+1VP). Any patient with one or more bacteria is incurable (-1VP).

Almost the same game, but with a much more complex probability chart. You'll have to guess the 'optimum solution', as memorizing the chart will most likely be difficult (uhm, I didn't do the math, just guesswork on the fly. There will be some tweaking required). Plus, you roll only once or twice per turn, instead of an unlimited number of times.

Edit: forgot to mention medicine die in first roll

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Wilde
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Thanks for the feedback. This game was a quick design project for me. Very much a time waster for kids. Granted my adult friends spent a night just rolling the dice at each others heads and seemed to have fun doing that.

I plan to take the base idea and build it later into a dice battle game of some kind.

Thanks again eh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.