Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's odd, they've always spoken highly of you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
EnigmaProphet wrote:
I had a terrible customer service with YSTARI, I will never buy any of their product again.
Well that was... vague.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
Canada
ONTARIO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmcmahon wrote:
EnigmaProphet wrote:
I had a terrible customer service with YSTARI, I will never buy any of their product again.
Well that was... vague.

It's just here to warn BGG members that YSTARI support is none existent.

Not to get into too much details: They have extremely poor support that borders on chastisement, and will blame the client for any issues, and will not stand behind their product as any other publisher would.

Do not count on any of the standard good service offered by regular publisher like ZMANGames or Queen Games where you send a simple e-mail, and they mail you replacement parts.

That did not happened with YSTARI in my case, and not just that, they took so long to tell me they would not replace the missing/damaged parts, that it was too late for me to bring the game back at the store for a refund.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
joeri Vercauteren
Belgium
Stabroek
België
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very strange!!!

Last week i noticed i was missing the purple ship from my game Asteroyds (Ystari). I contacted Ystari by filling up the contact form.

Today 6 days later i recieved a new purple ship for my game. It was send from france to belgium and only costed me 3 euro...

I think it is good customer service!

I have no comlaints.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rik Van Horn
United States
Livonia
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tell us how you really feel.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmcmahon wrote:
EnigmaProphet wrote:
Well that was... vague.

At this point it is still vague, other than the original sentiment of the OP. I too would love to know more details as to which game and which parts.

Edit:

The question might be asked "Why do you need to know the details?", my answer is, if the game is OOP, perhaps that's all Ystari had to give.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
Canada
ONTARIO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
jimmcmahon wrote:
EnigmaProphet wrote:
Well that was... vague.

At this point it is still vague, other than the original sentiment of the OP. I too would love to know more details as to which game and which parts.

Edit:

The question might be asked "Why do you need to know the details?", my answer is, if the game is OOP, perhaps that's all Ystari had to give.

The game was never out of print, it was Agricola, and I can see why you would like to know if it was OOP or not.

So no it was not OOP and even today it's still not OOP, YSTARI just has a "I don't care" service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EnigmaProphet wrote:
locusshifter wrote:
jimmcmahon wrote:
EnigmaProphet wrote:
Well that was... vague.

Edit:

The game was never out of print, it was Agricola, and I can see why you would like to know if it was OOP or not.

So no it was not OOP and even today it's still not OOP, YSTARI just has a "I don't care" service.
Could it conceivably be possible that it was between printings and they had no other parts other than the ones that they sent you?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan
Canada
ONTARIO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No because that NOT what they told me, they told me "We already sent you a replacement tile set, no more for you." That's after I made it clear to them that those replacement tiles where all loose tiles, already punched out, in a sandwich ZIPLOCK bag, and that the tiles where BROKEN, DAMAGED and even DIRTY.

Again, Why am I "interrogated", by a few of you here, I'm giving you a friendly WARNING to avoid them. DONT BELIEVE ME, then BUY FROM THEM!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EnigmaProphet wrote:
No because that NOT what they told me, they told me "We already sent you a replacement tile set, no more for you." That's after I made it clear to them that those replacement tiles where all loose tiles, already punched out, in a sandwich ZIPLOCK bag, and that the tiles where BROKEN, DAMAGED and even DIRTY.

Again, WHY am I "interrogated", by a few of you here, I'm giving you a friendly WARNING to avoid them. DONT BELIEVE ME, then BUY FROM THEM!
I fail to see how asking a simple question can be construed as being "interrogated". Perhaps if you read our responses without the strong negative feelings that you seem to have then you might see that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Village Idiot
United States
Palm Harbor
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keep in mind that game publishers are also a part of this community. You have to understand that, while we truly appreciate your warning (I would hate to receive rude customer service & I like the heads up), we also don't want to blacklist a publishing company if it's possible there is another side to this situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Davis
United States
Birmingham
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I know this thread is quite old, but felt it worth adding; I contacted Ystari via email (Feb 2016), received a friendly response from Gabriel Ecoutin (gabriel@ystari.com) within a day, and a replacement tile in about a week.

semi-related:
I contacted Queen games via their contact form. It was two months before I received a response. In the interim, I emailed one of their people directly (found contact info here on BGG) and received a part in a week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime B
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wanted to add my quick story.

I bought some Myrmes replacement tiles and mini expansion for my game a year ago through their website. Heard nothing for a month, so I emailed them directly to see if there were any updates.

Thinking that they would get back to me, I forgot about it, and never heard from them again. Just today I realized this never got resolved, but it's too late to dispute the charge through Paypal.

Apparently Asmodee are the people to talk to if you have issues with Ystari games in the US. Will keep you in the loop if that works out.

But yeah, Ystari essentially took my money and gave me nothing.

-Jaime

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.