5 Posts

World War II: Barbarossa to Berlin» Forums » Rules

Subject: Declaring war on Sweden/Turkey and their VP spaces rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Apan Arne
msg tools
Hello,

I have a question on when allies/axis declare war on Sweden/Turkey. Since that side joins the opposing player and that player can move its units etc, does ALL spaces automatically turn to the defending player, INCLUDING the VP space?

SO for example if Allies attack sweden, Axis will -gain- a VP and the swedish units?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias Kriener
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
correct
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Johns
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct ... until the Allies take those spaces... . I mean they should be DoWing for a reason!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Hopcroft
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
iamspamus wrote:
Correct ... until the Allies take those spaces... . I mean they should be DoWing for a reason!

But is there a good reason? Obviously the Axis had a historical interest in keeping Sweden neutral because it meant they would buy coal and other resources from them (I suspect a refusal to do that may be what got Norway attacked), but I doubt that is reflected in this particular game. But it strikes me (in my uninformed opinion) that the strategic assets of the Western Allies are limited and there's no real point to expanding the front -- especially if it means giving free VP to the enemy.

I imagine Russia would be able to conquer the Turks, but again what does it benefit them in the long run to do so? They have all they can handle on their own front (and then some early in the game).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john f stup
United States
damascus
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
they do it to take the 2cd iron symbol which means the German player gets one less card per turn the rest of the game and that's how the game represents the loss of the iron ore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.