Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Earlier this year, I recently started board gaming with some friends and it's ignited a real passion. I've since become a member of Randwick Eurogamers to get a more regular playing pattern and I'm really enjoying my time there. However, it doesn't really give me a chance to play my favourite game, Munchkin, given it is sort of the anti-thesis to Eurogames and all...

So I was wondering if there's others in the Eastern Suburbs area that would be interested in helping found a new group with weekly meetups to play card and board games with a Take That flavour. Elements of unpredictability where you have to change tactics quickly and participate in a bit of friendly rivalry while having a ton of fun. The Munchkin family is probably the primary example I'm aware of, but other games I own that I'd be interested in playing with the group are Discworld: Ankh Morpork and Uncharted Board Game, while I'd also love to discover some new games with the Take That mechanic as well.

I suspect a format like the games we have for Randwick Eurogamers might work well for such a group (check the guild page for more info). That involves optional dinner (starting at 7pm) and then gaming at Randwick Labor Club from 7:30pm, although if there are alternative venues that people might prefer, that could work too (UNSW could certainly be arranged).

So yeah, if you're interested, please post so we can determine if this plan can go ahead or not. Alternative suggestions for times and venue are also welcome. Any other useful info you can provide would also be greatly appreciated.

As for me, I'd prefer to do it Monday, Wednesday or Friday evenings or perhaps even on the weekend given my current schedule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kinsley
Australia
Kenthurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
Chosen by Danny Henning (dan_hnnng) As a consolation prize with the highest tip of 280.00 from my G4GG giveaway getting to choose my avatar for 280 days - till 7/10/2013
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds good, keep me updated, my attendance would depend on date/time however you're best to shape that around other peoples consensus...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.