Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Lancaster» Forums » Rules

Subject: must you place a knight on an empty conflict space to gain a king's favor? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
shawn
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
for instance, could I gain a king's favor by upgrading one of my pre-existing knights?

second, could I gain a favor for playing a knight on lower row (second battle) space if it is empty, or are the king's favors only for the upper row first battles?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Fuerst-Brunner
Germany
Neuching
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
doctorb23 wrote:
for instance, could I gain a king's favor by upgrading one of my pre-existing knights?


No. You gain a king's favor for PLACING a knight only.

Quote:
second, could I gain a favor for playing a knight on lower row (second battle) space if it is empty, or are the king's favors only for the upper row first battles?


You gain a king's favor regardless WHERE you place your knight.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan beaumont
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No Conflict no contest
doctorb23 wrote:
could I gain a favor for playing a knight on lower row (second battle) space if it is empty, or are the king's favors only for the upper row first battles?

Um, no, assuming you are talking about the large conflict spaces. You place knights in the squares adjacent to a conflict card (tile). No card, no available spaces.

p3 Column 1 paragraph 2 'The player selects a conflict and places their knight on the topmost empty knight's space.' Emphasis added.
It follows that only 3 players can contest any one conflict and they move down with it if it isn't won in the first resolution.
Of course if it moves to the second row and there are knight squares still available you might still gain a favor if you occupy one next turn.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
shawn
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ah.. thank you very much. we played our first game last night and re-read the rules section regarding CONFLICT about 6 or 8 times trying to clarify a number of rules.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Beyak
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
badge
Combat Commander gets your blood flowing.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
misteralan wrote:
doctorb23 wrote:
could I gain a favor for playing a knight on lower row (second battle) space if it is empty, or are the king's favors only for the upper row first battles?

Um, no, assuming you are talking about the large conflict spaces. You place knights in the squares adjacent to a conflict card (tile). No card, no available spaces.

p3 Column 1 paragraph 2 'The player selects a conflict and places their knight on the topmost empty knight's space.' Emphasis added.
It follows that only 3 players can contest any one conflict and they move down with it if it isn't won in the first resolution.
Of course if it moves to the second row and there are knight squares still available you might still gain a favor if you occupy one next turn.


How about the turn following the defeat to a conflict with France?
If you have a knight that occupies one of the spaces and you choose to "reinforce" that space by placing a knight on top of it, can you get a reward?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alan beaumont
United Kingdom
LONDON
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All shall have prizes
Beyak wrote:
How about the turn following the defeat to a conflict with France?
If you have a knight that occupies one of the spaces and you choose to "reinforce" that space by placing a knight on top of it, can you get a reward?
Yes.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.