Subject: Getting started rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Samu Lattu
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've seen a starter set and some booster packs on offer from time to time for real cheap and have been wondering what I would need to get started with this game. Any pictures I've seen say "Imperial Edition", but is that the only edition of L5R diskwars there is? As far as I understand the starter sets come with 8 flats and the boosters with 4, but are starters clan specific, all the same or entirely blind?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Always bring your towel.
United States
Morrilton
Arkansas
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Starters are based on specific clans. Boosters are completely random. Definitely get starters to begin with because they will have the necessary Activation, Wound, Missile, and Duel counters for the game. They will also have a small preset army for that clan, plus 3 random flats of disks to add in. In theory, you really don't need anything else to play. . . But that didn't stop me from buying a box of starters and a box of boosters at Gencon this year

Of course, I am already a fan and longtime player of the original Diskwars, so I was just waiting for an opportunity to get the L5R stuff. Now I just need to find the Doomtown Rangewars...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samu Lattu
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Noble Knight's got you covered

http://www.nobleknight.com/ViewProducts.asp_Q_ProductLineID_..._

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.