Taliesin Master Game» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Man vs. Nephew rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nigel Twine
United Kingdom
Near Portsmouth
flag msg tools
"You do not stop playing games when you get old; you get old when you stop playing games." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
mbmbmbmbmb
So I gave this game a whirl against my 10-year-old, chess-fiend nephew yesterday who thought it was "amazing". Unfortunately it ended in an impasse.

Since the copy I bought off e-Bay did not include the rules booklet we had to agree a rule whereby the six major pieces could transfer to the next (immediately adjacent) level. We decided that if the piece stopped on the inner-ring (The Event Horizon) then on it`s next go it would transfer to the inner-ring sector of the directly opposite segment on the next level.

After a while it became apparant that this was unworkable. The nephew lost a few pieces, switched to defensive mode and decided to barricade himself into the lower plane by parking his Henges on the inner ring - ready to ambush any of my major pieces the moment they descended. I tried moving my bottom-layer Fighting Pieces toward the Event Horizon hoping to form a cordon into which I could drop Taliesin, etc. A war of attrition then took place on the lower plane leaving his Henges still in control of the Event Horizon backed up by King Arthur. Impasse.

Next time we are going to say that the major pieces can slip over the Event Horizon and finish their move sitting atop the central pillar. This space will be a No-Mans-Land where the piece cannot be taken but from which he must exit on the next turn. He will be allowed to exit on any level, into any segment of the inner ring and continue his move as per his type and allowance.

Not sure how that game will play out or when we will get to play it. But I shall post a report here to help anyone else out there who is likewise missing the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Gordon
United Kingdom
Brampton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Mysterons - my kind of club...
mbmbmbmbmb
PM sent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Twine
United Kingdom
Near Portsmouth
flag msg tools
"You do not stop playing games when you get old; you get old when you stop playing games." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
mbmbmbmbmb
TAG-UK wrote:
PM sent.

Reply sent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.