Eric Bridge
United States
Roanoke
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me see if I understand this correctly.

1) Pre-Advance(TOR) Monsters ("old" Thunderstone and expansions) - Any battle effect that tells you to destroy a card is to be treated as an "aftermath" effect, so that they are destroyed after each side is totaled and you see who won, right? But other battle effects, like losing strength, discarding cards, etc, DO happen before the totals are added up, right?

2) Advance Monsters - Any monster effect that says "Battle" happens immediately, before the totals are added up, EVEN if it says to destroy a card, right? Any monster effect that says "Aftermath" gets resolved after you see which side wins, right?

Thanks for clearing this up for me. I'm going to be introducing the game to several people this Saturday and want to make sure I tell them correctly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Bussema
United States
Lansing
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That's correct except for some special case old monsters which will explicitly say something like "immediately" in their BATTLE text to let you know that the cards are in fact, destroyed before totaling strength. Those are few and far between though, so as a general rule, you're correct, and it's clear when you see a monster that's an exception.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.