Heavy CAV
ARTILERY

And 5 nations:
France
England
Prussia
Austria
Russia

Then you MUST give ONE advantage per Nation to ONE different kind of unit while each kind of unit would have an advantage in only ONE nation!

I would say:
France = Heavy CAV
England = Light INF
Prussia = Light CAV
Austria = Line INF
Russia = ARTILERY

Not easy but what would be your choice?

Just for a project of game for my kids (Spain & Portugal being treated together with other qualities) … TY to waste your time with that!

GG
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kwasny
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I would go a different approach:

French artillery (more so than their cavalry, Napoleon specialized in massed batteries and Guard artillery)

Russian Line infantry (their reputation for standing and taking punishment was formidable)

British Light Infantry (though their Line infantry really should get the unique attribute as well for its firepower)

The Austrians and Prussians really did not have any special type of force. Austrains could have special light cavalry since they had been developing harassing and patrolling units since the early 1700's. That only leaves Heavy cavalry for the Prussians, which they did not seem to have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guillaume Gleize
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I totally agree with you on what SHOULD be ...

France ART but I still would say Heavy CAV!
England Light but I agree also with their great Line INF (the authors of this game nicely or to balance the game gave the advantage to France but I would honestly give it to England wich Infantry was formidable ... OK mostly in defense but including MELEE DEFENSE!

Russia I agree with their standing courage.

Prussia & Austria I'm like you: I donno ... but I was told on the Austrians about their "Jumbo" Line Inf units (incuding more soldiers) and on the Prussians about their tendency of moving units (horse ART and light CAV) ...

So we can't respect the rules of my little game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.