Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Thompson
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
My wife, thirteen-year-old daughter and I have been traveling around Europe for the past four months, and will be visiting Wales for two weeks starting on Saturday. In every area we visit, we try to connect with local gamers to play a game or two.

We are staying near Bala, which seems to be pretty small. Does anyone know of any gaming opportunities nearby? We will have a car, so can travel a bit. I like medium to heavy euros but am open to all kinds of things. My daughter prefers shorter games, but has gone on Dominion, Small World and Power Grid kicks at times and my wife is partial to Agricola.

We are up for public gaming at stores or cafes, or gaming with local groups. If the atmosphere is less family-friendly, I'm happy to meet up with people myself as well.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Bryant
United Kingdom
Telford
Shropshire
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Approx couple of hours away from Bala is Telford in Shropshire, post code TF3 2LX, contact me if 29th would work, some of us are playing all day (10am - 10pm +), we're used to playing with all ages.

We meet every Thursday night as well but that's 8pm to midnight so may not work so well for you.

Telford Games Club July 2012
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Darby
United Kingdom
Welshpool
Powys
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bala is pretty isolated... Deeside Defenders, 33 miles away, meet Thursdays and Sundays (www.deesidedefenders.co.uk)

I'm 28 miles and a range of hills away (Meifod), and know another family that have been known to do some gaming who live in Bala, so have dropped a line to see what we can get together... however, I have commitments all over the place, so need to nail down a day or two.

Or, I'm sure with a little notice we can have you over: it's a shared house though, so I'd have to give a heads up to the other inhabitants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Thompson
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks so much for the info and the offers!

GMs sent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Sturrock
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
David, we'd be up for meeting up sometime -- my wife and 12-year-old son are happy to play most games. We're in Wrexham, which isn't that great for public gaming space, but Glyndwr University (where I'm a postgrad) would be OK as a venue -- there's a cafe for lunch, and a load of tables and chairs in the reception area that will be relatively lightly occupied in summer.

We have, among other things, Settlers of Catan (only have the 4-player version, but we could get 2 games running at once), Super Dungeon Explore, Strozzi, Cosmic Encounter, Chaos in the Old World, Fluxx, Zombie Fluxx, Dungeon Twister, Lord of the Rings: The Confrontation, Oregon: How the West Was Won, Alhambra, Vinci (sort of the forerunner to Small World), Incursion, Carcassonne, Kasl, and Scrappers.

Sometime during the week commencing 6 Aug would probably be good for us. You could PM me here or email me: sturrock@gmail.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle Davis
Wales
flag msg tools
hello, if you are venturing to South Wales at all check out the events page on www.rulesofplay.co.uk - we run two boardgaming events a month in local arts centres and we'd be pleased to see you!

Michelle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.