Subject: Re-Theme to Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremiah Dangler
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
I was playing this game the other day and made an observation that this game would fit well in Martin's world of Westeros. The setting would be Kings Landing.

I would have to think about the houses, roles, and such. There is just so much to work with. You have different houses, different orders, different players, 7 kingdoms, etc.

Just an idea. There would also be much room for expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is exactly how I presented to some folks that have an aversion to D&D.

"What's that game about?"

"Ah, it's kind of like Game of Thrones. Each of us is a lord in this large city, trying hire people to do adventures and activities around the city, and also mess with our opponents."

"Neat! Let's play."

Worked greaet whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Bishop
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, that's killer bait to use w/ a couple of my friends. Thanks for this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Seachrist
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, why does every quest end with "kill all your adventurers, even the ones in the tavern."

Exception: if you paint your clerics red after a quest is fulfilled, roll a d6. 1-5: the cleric is dead anyway. 6: manifest some crazy power and steal one adventurer of each type from each opponent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
badge
LIFEFORM - LATE PLEDGE NOW!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Rykaar wrote:
Hey, why does every quest end with "kill all your adventurers, even the ones in the tavern."

That's so weird. Our quests always end with "all your adventurers are getting pissed on their earnings in the boozer, you'll need a load of resources to get them sober and back on board again."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Mackenzie
Denmark
Billund
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have almost completed a Game of Thrones refit of Waterdeep. If you would like PDFs of what I've completed so far, mail me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.