BoardGameGeek» Forums » Board Game Design » Board Game Design

Subject: WIP - Puppet Masters - Printable Card Game - Concept Phase rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
I also purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
badge
I purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Unnecessary Preamble

I love design communities and I love participating and contributing to game balance and being a part of that evolution. The ultimate (and selfish) goal of this project is to create a game around which forms an active development community (of players and designers alike). A game where everyone who loves and plays it contributes to the next stage in the games evolution and furthermore a game which is accessible to anyone with the patience to print and cut out a few dozen cards. Also, I want to leverage the nature of Print-and-play to allow players to customize their game right down to the backs of the cards. The outcome, I hope, is something that the PnP community will enjoy as a whole (gamers and designers alike)!

The Story

The game, let's call it Puppet Masters (for now), takes place in a dystopian future. The world of interest is ruled over by a High Council of elite politicians and the self-titled movers and shakers of the 'verse. The game isn't really about them, because they are simply the faces in power but not the ones who are actually in control. The embargoes and edicts that they issue are fed to them, whether they are aware of it or not, and the true forces of power are the men and women who stalk the shadows bending those in power to their will. The game is about the Puppet Masters. You play as one of them, your opponents the others. You are vying for ultimate control and the best way to achieve that is by eliminating your opponents, one way or another.

The Concept

You have at your disposal the Resources that form your Network (your deck is your Network and each card is a Resource). Types of Resources (cards) are:

Assets (such as Secret Society, Information Agency and Large Warehouse). Assets generate income (in the form of Credits) via investment. The cost a certain number of Credits to put into play, and over time (based on what other Resources are played) they generate Value and when you Liquidate them you gain that Value in Credits. Most Assets also have passive abilities which are in effect while the Asset is face up and in play.

Contacts (such as Hired Secretary, Private Investigator and Corporate Executive). Contacts are the people that your influence reaches. They cost Influence to bring into play. All Contacts have activated abilities which cost you an Action to use. Your contacts increase the option space available to you each turn. Furthermore, where Assets are an investment in Credits, Contacts are an investment in Influence. Every Contact has a secondary Credit cost which you can pay to play the Contact as if it were an Action card to take one of the Actions on it (play it for the action then immediately discard it).

Actions (such as Blackmail, Assassination Order and Cash Siphon). Actions are frequently just that, they represent the things you actively do to advance your goals. Some Actions remain in play as persistent effects (such as Cash Siphon which bleeds 1 Credit from opponents when certain conditions obtain) while others occur once and are discarded immediately.

Not to be confused with the cards in your deck, the primary resources of the game are Influence and Credits. Credits are your cash and are primarily for buying up and maintaining Assets as well as buying off spies and Council Members (who can be bought). Influence is used to gain more Contacts and to strong arm those tougher to control Council Members. If you seek to win the game by controlling the council you will need to focus on gaining both Credits and Influence.

Card List

Winning

You win if either you begin your turn and control 7 (or more) of the 10 High Council OR if all of your opponents have been eliminated.

Opponents can be eliminated in one of two ways: you can either Assassinate them (which requires first revealing their identity and second dealing wounds directly to them via Assassination Actions and Contacts or via Trapped Assets) OR you can sever their Resources and remove their ability to participate in the Shadow War.

If a player ever begins their turn with their Identity revealed and a number of Wounds equal to their Vitality they take one more turn and are eliminated. If a player ever ends their turn with zero Assets and zero Contacts in play then they are eliminated.

Interesting Mechanics

There is no discard pile. Cards that are discarded are returned to their owners deck (face-up). Furthermore, when you are permitted to Draw a card you search your deck for any one card and put it into your hand (no luck of the draw).

Cards in your deck and in play have two states, face up and face down (cards in your hand are neither face up nor face down). If ever your entire deck is face up then your Identity is revealed (you flip your Identity card over, gain access to the abilities on it but are now vulnerable to assassination). Once a card has gone 'face up' it is very difficult to make it face down again. Cards in play can be flipped face up by paying their cost as a Reaction, which then causes their abilities to immediately trigger. The bulk of the games interaction will come from this - you will play Assets and Contacts face down on your turn and "Reveal" them on other players turns in response to the things they do to trigger their effects in a timely manner.

Where to Next?

Since I want this to be more of a community project (because it's being designed for the PnP community) I decided to bring the game to the Design forum before it was even ready to be handled. At this point the game is a bare bones system in need of refinement (that has been roughly tested to verify that the moving parts move well). I could have gotten to the first full prototype then brought the game up but I hit a snag. During one of my cut and revise sessions I realized that the base mechanics as I have laid them out could diverge into one of two games, and before this goes nay farther I need to settle on one or the other:

1. CCG-style. You build a deck of ~20 Cards plus 1 Identity card. This was the original conception of the game. The intent was for it to be fast paced (hence only 20 card decks) and to scale from 2-4 players seamlessly (albeit with more table politics in group games, but that's very fitting for the theme).

Advantages: Customization, Expandability and we can leverage the PnP nature to have things like 'custom card backs' and 'custom images for Identity cards'. Also easier to build since you would only print what you need.

Disadvantages: Customization means that time needs to be spent outside the game building decks.

2. Deck Builder-style. Part of the game set up is a Drafting phase where players draft an initial deck of 10 cards. Then, Contact, Asset and Action decks are placed face up as a common pool. You can buy cards from them on your turn.

Advantages: Building decks on the fly makes strategy changes in the middle of the game possible as well as no pre-game requirements. This means that you don't need multiple decks to have strategic variety in a single game session.

Disadvantages: More work to 'get ready to play' as you need to construct the whole game. Less ability to personalize your 'deck' (although Identity cards can still easily be personalized).

3. A Hybrid of the above two that I haven't figured out how it would work yet.

All and any comments, questions, concerns, ideas are welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(Reserved)

Thinking ahead for once, this post will be used to preserve the content of the first post when I inevitably edit it to be an up-to-date description of the game with links and so on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Intriguing. Although is there any real mechanical difference between the player's hand and the player's deck? Everything is face-up, and they can "draw" whichever card they like. Might as well just have everything in the player's hand.

Alternatively, each player can have a tableau of cards from which to choose laid out in front of them, separate from the play area. No need to put everything into an unwieldy pile when you will be grabbing the exact card you want ever turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I like the idea of a CCG-style game better. It plays to the PnP nature of the game better. You only need to print the cards you want to try. With a deckbuilding game, you have to print all the cards that need to be available, which will leave some players with excess cards they don't want or use.

Also, it would be cool if the game were playable via play-by-forum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kurthl33t wrote:
Intriguing. Although is there any real mechanical difference between the player's hand and the player's deck? Everything is face-up, and they can "draw" whichever card they like. Might as well just have everything in the player's hand.

It takes actions to Draw cards. Furthermore drawing cards reduces the number of cards in your deck that are 'face down' and so makes it easier for other players to reveal your Identity (by turning face up cards in your deck).

Quote:
Alternatively, each player can have a tableau of cards from which to choose laid out in front of them, separate from the play area. No need to put everything into an unwieldy pile when you will be grabbing the exact card you want ever turn.

I did have worries about 'unwieldy piles' and that is part of the reason for such small decks (~20 cards). The other reason is keeping the game short and focusing on how you use your cards and less on what cards you have (in 20 cards you can't possible have 'the perfect card' for every situation).

I had considered instead of faceup/facedown cards in your deck having 2 deck piles (that are all still your deck) and one is for the faceup cards and one the facedown cards.

Of course, which way to take all of this depends (in part) on if the game goes the CCG route or the Deckbuilder route (I do image it is possible to design the game with the CCG style but have in mind a Variant Ruleset that uses the same cards Deckbuilder style -- not unlike the Cube Format for everyone's favourite CCG, MtG).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Green
United States
Seattle
Seattle
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
I like the idea dual currencies of Influence and Credits. Sounds good, But I feel sort of unclear on how/why they are divided.

One uses Credits to get Assets to get Credits? This seems like a dangerous positive feedback loop. Perhaps I'm confused....

One also uses Credits to get Contacts to get Influence, right? So really there is one root currency players use to buy their way to victory, Credits.

There is also the sort of hidden currency of how many things you can do on your turn. Is that limited in some way, or can I make as many choices as I can pay for? If I can use as many abilities as I can pay for on my turn (as opposed to having some artificial limit) then Credits also drives how many things I can do on my turn, which also seems a dangerous positive feedback loop.

How can we better differentiate Credits and Influence? I would like to see them come from two different sources and be the sort of thing where the player had to do some sort of balancing act between the two (though it occurs to me that may not be thematically accurate.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Miller
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in as being both interested and willing to participate. All of you have some awesome design chops and I would love to help in any way that I can. I'll post my thoughts later when I am not at work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Mestdagh
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aren't you getting married today? What are you doing designing a game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jackhalfaprayer wrote:
One uses Credits to get Assets to get Credits? This seems like a dangerous positive feedback loop. Perhaps I'm confused....

This is indeed a positive feedback loop. I'll explain more as it may help. Assets cost Credits to Reveal (and only revealed assets generate Value). Assets have on the left side of the card 1-3 symbols, every card in the game has a symbol on it identifying its 'faction affiliation'. Whenever someone uses an Action (on their turn) every Asset that has one or more matching symbols gets +1 Value. When you Liquidate an Asset you gain Credits equal to its Value.

For example: You pay 3 Credits to flip the Asset Radio Station which has the symbols for 'Private Investor'. It starts with 0 Value (as all Assets do) and whenever someone takes an Action with the 'Private Investor' symbol you put 1 Credit Token on the Radio Station to represent its increased Value. When you Liquidate it you gain all those Credits. It will take 3 appropriately linked actions before your Radio Station breaks even (this encourages you to pack your deck with actions that match your Assets, and discourages other players from playing those actions).

Quote:
One also uses Credits to get Contacts to get Influence, right? So really there is one root currency players use to buy their way to victory, Credits.

Not quite. Contacts, if you want to put them into play (and have them *stay* in play) must be purchased with Influence. However, Contacts are all essentially repeatable Actions and if you really need to use a Contact's Action right now you can pay some Credits to put it down, use its action, and discard it.

Quote:
There is also the sort of hidden currency of how many things you can do on your turn. Is that limited in some way, or can I make as many choices as I can pay for?

Good eye! There is a limit on the number of things you can do in a turn. You have X Time (and one Action costs 1 Time) -- tentatively X is 4 (because 4 is a nice number, not so big that it's easy to do everything you want to and not so small that you feel like you barely get anywhere).

Quote:
How can we better differentiate Credits and Influence? I would like to see them come from two different sources and be the sort of thing where the player had to do some sort of balancing act between the two (though it occurs to me that may not be thematically accurate.)

This is how they are designed. Credits come from Assets and are used to get more Assets and make quick use of Contacts in a pinch. Influence comes from Contacts (and the number of Council members you control) and is used to get more Contacts and to utilize actions on Contacts (indeed, another positive feedback loop -- these are intentional!).

As far as Actions go some will require Credits, some Influence, some both. As far as Council goes, if you want to win by controlling them you will need some of both - 3 Council Members can only be bought with Credits, and 3 can only be bought with Influence. 2 can be bought with either (or a mixture) and the last 2 can be controlled only when certain game-states obtain (Assets/Contact Counts for one and one automatically goes to the first player with their Identity Revealed by another player).

The elimination conditions also utilize both sets of currency. In order to reveal someone's identity you need to turn cards Face Up, Influence tends to be the resource you need to pay for those effects. In order to wound someone you want to hire head hunters, assassins and set traps, which are often effects that consume Credits. Eliminating someone's Assets and Contacts will involve a mixture of Credits and Influence since you will find yourself in Power Struggles (where in you both secretly bid Credits/Influence as appropriate to cause or prevent an outcome - such as an Asset being forcefully Liquidated.. or burned down!)

Ultimately, as a design goal, I want balancing your Credit and Influence generation (as well as bottom lines) to be integral to your success. At the fundamental level, the player who knows when to Liquidate Assets for Credits and when it's time to start putting your Contacts on the line is the player who will win. Then again, the game is still very rough and so any ideas as far as better differentiating the Credits and Influence are welcome (thematically or mechanical ideas)!

Oh! Worth noting, there will be ways to exchange them. As an action you can "Buy Influence" at a (terrible) rate of 4 Credits = 1 Influence. Assets, Contacts and Council Control will allow you to improve that rate (or make it worse for other players).

radchad wrote:
Aren't you getting married today? What are you doing designing a game?

Married Friday. And this is getting design notes off my chest (and out of the front of my mind) so that I can focus on the Wedding and following Reception instead of daydreaming about games (at least, that's the theory).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't believe I forgot to mention the mechanic that started the whole game design. Influence Generation.

As you now know, Assets and Contacts are both positive feedback loops, but to begin those loops you need to get some starting Capital (Credits and Influence). Credits can be acquired at a rate of 1 Action = 2 Credits (and you start with 5). Influence needs to be actively acquired and there are three basic methods to get it:

Political:
As an Action, flip face up one card in your deck and gain Influence equal to it's Influence value (all Contact cards have one of these, it is not the same as their cost to play).

Seduction:
Specific cards in the game have these kinds of effects (most frequently Action cards). They give an opponent the choice to gain an advantage and if they choose to gain it you get a fixed amount of influence (if they don't you receive a small amount of influence as a consolation - or, in some cases, a different but equally useful boon).

Torture:
Specific cards in the game have these kinds of effects (most frequently Action cards). They give an opponent the choice to either suffer a serious penalty (Credit Loss, Wounds, lose Asset value etc..) and if they choose not to suffer the penalty you gain Influence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remus Rhymus
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I think that this situation absolutely requires
badge
a really futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part!
mbmbmbmbmb
aarowright2808 wrote:
If you need some custom cards designed I found this cool website who make awesome cards.

http://www.ivorygraphics.co.uk/playing-cards.asp

If you're coming to BGG to promote your website, why not just be up front about it? You're not fooling anyone by joining BGG and posting only about this "cool website" that you "found". shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
remus wrote:
aarowright2808 wrote:
If you need some custom cards designed I found this cool website who make awesome cards.

http://www.ivorygraphics.co.uk/playing-cards.asp

If you're coming to BGG to promote your website, why not just be up front about it? You're not fooling anyone by joining BGG and posting only about this "cool website" that you "found". shake

Amen.

That being said, welcome to the forums!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some cards are detailed below. I'm trying to get a full 20 card deck together so that, instead of testing the mechanics in isolation, I can test a full game. Hopefully seeing the full text for a few cards will help give a better idea of how things flow.

Assets
Large Warehouse - 2 Credits
Industrial, Commodity
When you Liquidate Large Warehouse you may remove it from the game instead of discarding it to gain 2 extra Credits.

Information Agency - 5 Credits
Government
It costs you 1 less Credit to buy Influence.

Secret Society - 6 Credits
None
The first time each turn that the Active Player gains Influence you may pay 2 Credits to gain 1 Influence.

Contacts
Hired Secretary - 3 Influence (1 Credit)
Government, Private
Reveal: Transfer up to 2 Value from one Asset to another Asset controlled by the same player.
Action: Target an Asset you control; During your next action this turn you may spend Value from that Asset as Credits.

Private Investigator - 4 Influence (3 Credits)
Private
Reveal: Target a face down Resource in play; turn it face up (it's Reveal effect does not occur).
Action: Target a face down Resource in a players Network, you may pay 2 Credits; turn the card face up. If you did not pay 2 Credits discard Private Investigator.

Corporate Executive - 4 Influence (4 Credits)
Private, Commodity, Industrial
Reveal: Until the end of your next turn, each time the Active Player takes a Private Action they must pay you 1 Credit or the Actions effects are negated.
Action: Target an Asset you control; if it is Private it gains +1 Value. Liquidate the Asset. If this card was in play you may turn it face down.

Actions
Blackmail - 2 Credits / 1 Influence
Criminal
Target a player, they may give you 5 Credits. If they do not (or cannot) then they lose 2 Influence and must turn face up one card in their Network.

Assassination Order - 4 Credits / 4 Influence
Criminal
Attach this card to Target player's Identity. The next time they suffer a Wound they suffer an additional Wound then remove this card from the game.

Cash Siphon - 3 Influence
Private
Attach this card to a face up Asset controlled by another player. Whenever that Asset gains Value gain 1 Credit. When that Asset leaves play you may pay 2 Influence, if you do discard this card otherwise remove it from the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Could we get an example of an Identity card? Those seem pretty key to gameplay, as they are one of the major victory conditions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kurthl33t wrote:
Could we get an example of an Identity card? Those seem pretty key to gameplay, as they are one of the major victory conditions.

I was just thinking that as well. Here are two:

Criminal Mastermind
Vitality: 6
Reveal: You may immediately take 2 Criminal Actions.
Assassination Attempt (Action): Target a player who has a revealed Identity; Engage in a Power Struggle (Credits). If you win they suffer 1 Wound. If you lose they gain 3 Influence.

Council Appointee
Vitality: 5
Reveal: Target a Council Member controlled by another player; they lose Control of that Council Member.
If you control 6 Council Members at the beginning of your turn then you win the game.

Vitality is how many wounds you can suffer before being eliminated (it is possible to suffer wounds equal to or beyond your vitality but still stay in the game as long as your Identity is still hidden. Both your Identity has to be revealed *and* you have to have suffered wounds equal to or beyond your Vitality to be eliminated).

As an Action on your turn you can Reveal your identity - this is when the Reveal effect on an Identity card kicks in. If your identity is revealed because your Network is entirely face up you do not gain the benefits of your Reveal effect.

A Power Struggle is a hidden bidding war. Both players put in their hand a number of their (Credit or Influence) tokens then reveal at the same time. Whoever has bid more wins, both players discard all bid tokens. In the case of a tie the player who initiated the Power Struggle wins.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Green
United States
Seattle
Seattle
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Sorta big question:

Why deck-building or CCG? Why not self contained/expandable?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jackhalfaprayer wrote:
Why deck-building or CCG? Why not self contained/expandable?

At first I was going to say that, as far as this game is concerned, it's the same question -- and then I thought about it more and I'm not actually sure what you are asking.

Deck builders are both self-contained and expandable as are CCGs. Since you prefaced it with 'sorta big question', I suspect there is an important distinction in your mind that I am not fully understanding.

EDIT: Do you mean to ask 'why not an LCG type of format' ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dylan Green
United States
Seattle
Seattle
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
No I mean "Why a game with customizable decks." Why not simply per-constructed decks for different factions.

If the answer is 'cause I want to make a game with customizable decks" then, more power to you. I was curious why you chose this format.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Miller
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CCG to most people implies random booster packs, money sinks, and card rarity. As opposed to "Expandable" or "Living" Card Games where you are increasing your pool of cards by purchasing fixed expansion pack that have no randomness or rarity to them.

So while Dominion and most LCGs are "collectible", they are not usually referred to as CCGs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rowse
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Important to note the difference between deck-building games and constructed deck games. Since the advent of Dominion, deck-building is almost exclusively used to refer to games where you build a deck while you play.

Deck-building is seldom used to refer to games where you construct a deck before you play, and have your opponents you the same.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It began as a project to design a game with fixed faction decks.

Part of the reason for the change is because of the added challenge of balancing a game that is genuinely customizable, and also because of the ability to make expansions for such a game smaller. I also like the personalization that deck building brings to a game.

Ultimately, it came down to the decision to make it free PnP with community driven design -- it just seemed to fit better to have customization be a constant theme with the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
awmiller wrote:
CCG to most people implies random booster packs, money sinks, and card rarity. As opposed to "Expandable" or "Living" Card Games where you are increasing your pool of cards by purchasing fixed expansion pack that have no randomness or rarity to them.

So while Dominion and most LCGs are "collectible", they are not usually referred to as CCGs.

Dominion and LCGs are not collectible, unless your definition of collectible is any game that can be bought - and might have expansions - or not. In which case every game on earth is collectible. All games eventually go out of print and are technically collectible.

Collectible refers to rarity or limited availability of components outside the gaming biz. But in the gaming biz specifically it refers to random blind buy components.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Miller
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with your definitions completely both in and out of the business.

That said I have seen several people here on the Geek refer to any game featuring a multitude of expansions as being "collectible", even if they aren't a using a traditional "collectible, blind buy" model of sale. I've seen it in reference to all FFG LCGs, Dominion, D-Day Dice, Sentinels of the Multiverse and even Warhammer. None of those games are distributed like baseball cards, but to someone with a completionist mindset, they are "collectible".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen people on the BGG refer to Pick-Your-Path books as RPGs. Just because someone cant distinguish one game type from another, doesnt make the faulty definition any more true.

That aside.

Depending on the OPs approach, it can slide in alot of directions good or bad. Theres been some discussion in the last month or so on the pros and mostly cons of designing a game as expansion dependant out the gate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Omega2064 wrote:

Depending on the OPs approach, it can slide in alot of directions good or bad. Theres been some discussion in the last month or so on the pros and mostly cons of designing a game as expansion dependant out the gate.

I'll take this as my cue to jump back in.

I've been following those discussions closely, so I am aware of the common view points. Here's my vision, and at this point it is very malleable so any and all opinions and suggestions are welcome.

I intend to release the game as a Print and Play Card Game. The game is, at least at this point in time, being designed as a Constructable Card Game - players build decks before playing and there are some minimal restrictions on deck building (no duplicates, 20 card limit). Since it is print and play there will be no rarity or random booster packs. As for expansions, the game is (by its nature as a constructable game) going to be expandable, but it is not being designed with planned expansions. I'll expand it if the reception is positive. The game, as released, will be a complete game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.