Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My adventure with Tumble Burrowell (Finale) ***Spoiler Warning*****

**Spoilers ahead do nor read if you don’t want to be spoiled***

Dear Brothers and Sisters, let me relate to you the story of the greatest hero of our age: Tomble Burrowell. I met Tomble at the temple in Vynelvale where he gone for prayer and meditation. He soon agreed to join me on my quest to rid the land of evildoers.

Our journey led us to Arhynn, which is a land poor in spiritual guidance. Tomble of course was anxious to lend on hand in fighting evil, and we had many adventures against the evil forces of the Overlord Baron Zachareth. Tomble was always the first to jump into a corner to look for monsters. I was very impressed by his initive with this. When it came time to purchase new equipment, he never wanted to part with our gold. I am sure this is because he was planning on giving it to the poor orphans.

Tomble’s greatest adventure though occurred during our final fight with the Overlord Baron Zachareth. We were dispatched by Baron Greigory to disrupt the Overlord’s sorcerous plans, while he defeated his army. We hurried to the market and purchased a lot of needed supplies: Demonhide Leather Armor and an Iron Bound Ring. You should have seen Tomble’s tears as I handed over the gold. Tomble’s love for the orphans of Arhynn knows no bounds. We also did some quick training to be ready for the last battle. I visited the Temple and asked God for his blessing in the dangerous fight to come.

Our journey to Castle Talon was amazing. We met a Traveling Sage that helped us see through the overlord’s plans. Crossing the bridge Tomble spied something shiny in the water. I suspect he thought it was a monster, but he came up with a Stamina Potion and some gold. I smiled as I saw he pocket the gold, those lucky orphans. In the mountain’s we met a Dwarf burying his brother, and he showed a shortcut to the castle.

At the entrance to the castle we met our two old friends Sir Alec Barrow and Belthir. The sight of the Dawnblade got my dander up, and I rushed Sir Alec. He felt a might strike of my blessed hammer and a bomb from Tomble finished him. A second bomb stunned the Dragonspawn. The Dragonspawn made a run for the Reliquary, but Tomble’s bombs soon finished him off. A quick search of a corner, and I found a warding stone, but the most amazing thing was discovered by Tomble, an Ice Storm Rune! Brothers and Sisters can there be no doubt that Tomble is the most blessed of our god’ servants and the greatest of heroes? I gathered the rune and we finished of the castle guardian quickly.

As we rushed up the stairs, I could only admire how Tomble let me lead the way. He was always willing to give me the glory, but I know who really deserved the credit. As we entered the throne room baron Zachareth was screaming in fear as a giant Shadow Dragon got to his feet! With no time to lose I rushed forward and immobilized the Shadow Dragon. Tomble rushed forward and hit him with a few bombs. The Baron stopped his blubbering and ran forward and hit me with one of his spells. I once again used my new rune to immobilize the Overlord, and Tomble stunned the baron and the dragonlord. This seemed to drive the Baron into a frenzy and he unloaded everything he had at me. I was near death, when I saw the dragonlord eat Baron Zachareth! Tomble once again stated unloading bombs on Gryvorn, while I immobilized him. Eventually the dragon exploded into a giant fireball that destroyed Castle Talon.

Tomble and I parted ways that day. He said that he had some "business opportunities to look into". I would have died so many times if not for Tomble. He is the greatest hero of the age. The people of this land owe him a debt they can never repay. Brothers and sisters if you see brother Tomble on your travels please give him my blessing and tell him that I will call upon him again if ever in need.

Alvric Albright

I will post a session report to follow giving the details of the campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Digman
United States
Hopkins
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Testing...1 2 3
mbmbmbmbmb
Great counterpoint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad DeRan
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great reports, i love the difference in the views by the characters. Having it be through their eyes was an awesome way to do that. Look forward to any more info about your campaign

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.