Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the pictures shows prototype components and in another doesn't look like they are engraved, but maybe that was a components mock-up. I just ask because I'm reminded of the first edition of King of Tokyo where the dice were not engraved and the sides started rubbing off due to extensive play. Iello went with engraved for their second print run, but that didn't really help 1st edition owners. Iello are/were planning on making Engraved Dice available separately for 1st edition owners but it hasn't happened yet, meaning they continue to wait or had to pay to upgrade.

Maybe I'm blowing things out of proportion and/or Asmodee make good dice because the sides of my Ghost Story dice haven't rubbed off yet and I've played that over 40 times.

Either way, just curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Norman S.
United States
South San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The designer responded here: http://boardgamegeek.com/article/9086354#9086354

In short, not painted or stickered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(Copied from my response on the other thread)

I received a preview copy, and these are some of the nicest dice I've ever seen. Large, with vibrant colors, and yes, nicely etched and perfectly readable on every face (once you get used to the game's symbols, of course.)

The insert is gaming nirvana. Everything fits perfectly. There are four long, large compartments for storing the dice of each color side by side.

In short--if production quality is your concern, worry no more. This one has been done RIGHT.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.