Recommend
8 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Abaddon» Forums » General

Subject: Mission 18: Jungles of Proserpine rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Toy Vault Inc.
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmb
We've posted up a new scenario for our Abaddon Fans. This is a two player scenario. Each side has differing goals, and the situation is interesting. We hope you enjoy it!

Mission 18
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Millette
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
God Bless the USA
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! I like the positive and negative effects from the use of flat terrain and I actually like the use of it mixed in with the regular terrain. But, I love the scenarios that are won by achieving objectives. Those tend to be my favorite as they add a whole different layer to play. It's fun smashing up robots, but now I can smash up a lot of robots, yet still lose the game. Nice!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rewoldt
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Toy Vault! I love it when the game companies release further scenarios/adventures/missions.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kwasny
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
mille1212 wrote:
Nice! I like the positive and negative effects from the use of flat terrain and I actually like the use of it mixed in with the regular terrain. But, I love the scenarios that are won by achieving objectives. Those tend to be my favorite as they add a whole different layer to play. It's fun smashing up robots, but now I can smash up a lot of robots, yet still lose the game. Nice!


I agree wholeheartedly! Objectives, better use of terrain with different effects on different units, imbalanced forces - these make for the most enjoyable scenarios for me!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Abdullah Ibrahim - African River
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've added a link to the game page: Mission 18 - Jungles of Perserpine.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Smith
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
This looks very cool.
A friend of mine has the game, but I just might have to pick it up myself.

Kevin
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Brunet
Japan
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That mission looks really good, with a thematic assymetry. The optional rules underline how easy it is to tweak Abaddon's basic rules. Those cover rules are cool !
Still hoping for an expansion...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toy Vault Inc.
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmb
Paptimus wrote:
That mission looks really good, with a thematic assymetry. The optional rules underline how easy it is to tweak Abaddon's basic rules. Those cover rules are cool !
Still hoping for an expansion...


That's why I like Abaddon as well, the rules aren't going to get in the way of the design. They are simple enough that a small tweak from a special scenario rule can change the feel of the game.

We are still looking into expansion(s) but we have nothing to announce at this time.

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rewoldt
United States
Loveland
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
toyvaultinc wrote:


We are still looking into expansion(s) but we have nothing to announce at this time.



No need to rush - just keep those missions coming

Thanks again!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.