Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Campaign Summary

Heroes: Avric Albright (Disciple) and Tomble Burrowell (Thief)

Quests:

First Blood (Heroes)
-Sprint almost wins for overlord.

Death on the Wing (Heroes/Heroes)
-1st encounter is very close heroes make the crucial roll to win.
-2nd encounter is a blow out.
The Cardinal’s Plight (Overlord/Heroes)
-1st encounter 2 zombies killed and 2 make it off, Merick fails to raise once make the difference
-2nd encounter very close. One roll away.
Castle Daerion (Heroes/Heroes)
-1st encounter only 1 villager killed.
-2nd encounter very close overlord one or two rolls away

The Shadow Vault (Overlord)
Heroes 1 square from victory.

Enduring the Elements (Heroes/Heroes)
-1st encounter heroes destroy three stones.
-2nd encounter very close, lucky roll by heroes
The Dawnblade (Heroes/Overlord)
-1st encounter close fight, heroes barely win
-2nd encounter heroes fail crucial die roll, allows overlord to win
The Frozen Spire (Heroes/Heroes)
-1st encounter, easy win for heroes
-2nd encounter, very close, heroes make crucial die roll to win
Gryvorn Unleashed (Heroes/Heroes)
-1st encounter, easy win
-2nd encounter, very close, Avric 1 wound from being killed.

Heroes:
Avric Albright:
Skills: Prayer of Healing (0), Cleansing Touch (1), Divine Fury (2), Holy Power (3), Armor of Faith (2), Time of Need (2)
Final equipment: Demonhide Leather, Ice Storm, Dragon Tooth Hammer, Staff of Light

Tomble Burrowell:
Skills: Greedy (0), Dirty Tricks (1), Unseen (2), Tumble (2), Bushwack (3), Sneaky(1)
Final Equipment: Shield of the Dark God, iron Bound Ring, Dwarven Firebomb, Lucky Charm, Heavy Cloak

Overlord:
Cards: Blood Rage (1), Dark Fortitude (1), Expert Blow (2), Reinforce (3), Plan Ahead (1)
Relics: Duskblade, The Shadow Rune

I played the heroes, and I am more experienced gamer then my friend who played the OL. I think the most experienced player should play on the hero side not as OL. I always felt that I was one roll from failure. Where as the OL can overcome mistakes more easily. Despite winning 6 or the 8 quests he almost beat me in the final.

I might try a 3 hero campaign next. If my friend is willing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
youperguy wrote:
I think the most experienced player should play on the hero side not as OL.

I think I agree. I'm playing as the OL in a campaign with a less-experienced player so far, and I've won every quest except for First Blood, including several that you played where the heroes won. And some haven't even been close.

I think OL strategy is more obvious and intuitive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Smoo wrote:
youperguy wrote:
I think the most experienced player should play on the hero side not as OL.

I think I agree. I'm playing as the OL in a campaign with a less-experienced player so far, and I've won every quest except for First Blood, including several that you played where the heroes won. And some haven't even been close.

I think OL strategy is more obvious and intuitive.

I agree. Although there may be deeper Overlord strategy, almost anyone can make a good go at it. The hero side takes more strategy. I will also admit that I was lucky. I also got two very lucky treasure draws.

My feeling is: Good Overlord vs Weak Heroes = Slaughter, Weak Overlord vs Good Heroes = Good Times, Good Overlord vs Good Heroes = Best times.

As the hero side, I had to use a different strategy in most quests.

One other thing I should point out is that we both had access to the quest book. I didn't guess about which quests to play. I played the ones I thought my two heroes could handle, when I had the choice. And the Overlord could pick the ones he thought would give me trouble when he had the choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Barchuk
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken, did you have Tomble just use his throwing knives the whole time?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Throwing knives -> light Hammer -> dwarven Firebombs -> Dawnblade -> Dwarven Firebombs

I won encounter 1 of the dawnblade, but lost encounter 2. So he used it for part of 1 encounter. The Dwarven Firebombs are excellent. Blue + Red + Yellow with stun and blast. Great weapon with only one hand. I could stil use the relic shield.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.