Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan
Canada
ONTARIO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why this review.
I decided I own enough boardgames to start posting reviews. I own Agricola, Catan, Carcassonne and many more games, but all these games get many reviews. I'll start reviewing the less popular games I own, with few reviews on BGG.

What Do I Think About Alhambra : The Dice Game

d10-1 A pleasant surprise on my first game. (2 players)
d10-2 It keep it's appeals longer then I originally expected.
d10-3 To this day, I still play and enjoy this game.
d10-4 It really does keep the feeling of the original Alhambra. (unlike other games like Cardcassonne)

indigo Game Board 5/6

Yes, there is a game board with this "Dice game" and a damn good one at that. If you like the Alhambra style, this game board is what you want and expect.

corn Game's Bits 5/6

More game bits then I would of expected, about 26 tiles, and around 70 wooden blocks. They are simple, but very functional, the same as in the original Alhambra.

sugar Rule Book and Rules 4/6

Alright, here it get's a bit more complex, the reason, is that there is actually "two" games in this one box;

- The standard one, the rules are strait forward, so is the rule book, awesome game play, we had a blast.
- The "expanded version" that requires the original Alhambra (that we do), is less clear, obscure, and overall will remained ignored by us after the first and only game we played.

The basic card game is much superior and fun on it's own, and should of been sold as is, the "reaching" to the Alhambra owners with this "expanded version crap" doesn't work at all here. It feels pushed, as if the game was done, and someone told the designer "Do something extra for the Alhambra owners" and that version was made in a day with no love. The standard game would of scored 6/6 on here without this "weak brother" in here, I got to subtract points for this.

tobacco Game Mechanic 4/6

Because there is only 6 colors, and we must always try and hit as many of only one color in the 3 throws allowed, it limits the games play a little. But I love how you can score 6 in 2 (throws) being stronger then 6 in 3 (throws).

coffee Re-playability 4/6

Surprisingly, initially I tough the re-playability would drop abruptly after a few games, but it has not, I'm still looking forward to play this game.

thumbsup For all Alhambra fans.

One of our favorite two player game for my wife and I (yes, even with Dirk messing things around again), but this time, he can be a real competitor, not just a dead weight as in the original Alhambra.

Overall, I strongly recommend this game to existing fans of Alhambra, as you'll get your money's worth here, as for non-Alhambra gamers, I have some serious doubts on this one for you, get Alhambra first.

Total SCORE
: 4/6

4/6
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan C
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Alhambra: The Dice Game
I've owned this one for about two years now and only played it about three times. Each time it has fallen flat for some reason. Love the original Alhambra, and was excited to get this one after I read about it, but no one seems to get into it. I think it's the playing time - people seem to check out 3/4 of the way through and it wears out its welcome. Still hoping to get some more plays though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob White
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Alhambra: The Dice Game
Actually just finished playing with my wife. We've enjoyed the game for a couple years now. My sister has enjoyed it as a 2-player with me as well. Trouble comes with 3-player games because the playtime goes up 50%. Unless all three players are moving quickly it really drags.

But for a relaxed 2-player game with some drinks and some pretzels we really like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.