Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Doug Childs
United States
Rochester Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all. I was recently reviewing the rules and I can't seem to find anywhere in the rulebook where the 20 item tiles are used. Was hoping someone could let me know. Thanks in advance. Can't wait to play this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://czechgames.com/en/dungeon-lords/free-expansion/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Krannix wrote:
Hello all. I was recently reviewing the rules and I can't seem to find anywhere in the rulebook where the 20 item tiles are used. Was hoping someone could let me know. Thanks in advance. Can't wait to play this game.

They're mentioned in the rules on page 11, last paragraph. They're for the expansion rules, which are available at www.czechgames.com

TK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noble Knave
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Krannix wrote:

They are there for a free mini-expansion. The rules weren't released with the game, but they are available on Czech Games Editions' website. They are only for advanced players and make the game harder; in fact, the CGE website has you take a test to see how well you really know Dungeon Lords before you can download them. Of course, even if you fail you can still download them, but they are not friendly to new players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmb
thenobleknave wrote:
They are only for advanced players and make the game harder; in fact, the CGE website has you take a test to see how well you really know Dungeon Lords before you can download them.

That's hilarious!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Childs
United States
Rochester Hills
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much. Looking forward to getting to be an advanced player and using those tiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noble Knave
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just so you know what they do, they're items that players either give directly to one another (Straightforward Variant) or secretly give to the adventurers before orders are done, and the reveal occurs when adventurers are assigned (Tricky Variant). The Tricky Variant is extremely subtle and involves a lot of trying to figure out exactly what your opponents will do; both variants generate a lot of extra player interaction but make the adventurers significantly harder to dispose of.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Gilbert
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmb
For those that have tried it, do you like this expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Noble Knave
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ron42na wrote:
For those that have tried it, do you like this expansion?

I do quite a bit, but it is A) difficult and B) difficult and C) cutthroat. I prefer the Tricky version, but both add a lot of player interaction and interesting/tough choices, and make it so that combat becomes a much more challenging endeavor (usually, I've seen people blaze through those smelly adventurers regardless of their shiny loot).

I usually play without it because it makes the combat much harder, but it's very fun to mix in for a change of pace once all players know the game pretty well -- it's not at all noob friendly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Schroth
United States
Middletown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I still haven't worked my way up to using the special event tiles! One day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Wagner
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
When I try to download the expansion instructions from the website, after going through the seven questions I get the festival season rules instead. Anyone have a direct link to the instructions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Wagner
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Never mind -- question answered in a different thread.

http://czechgames.com/files/rules/dungeon-lords-anniversary-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura "lelo" D. Arrowsmith Deddens Gerard
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have it here some place, hold on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://czechgames.com/en/dungeon-lords/free-expansion/

Edit: that's no good. it gives the festival season. I see the problem there. I'm still looking. I downloaded them this week. I'll find them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Try these two:

http://czechgames.com/files/rules/dungeon-lords-anniversary-...

http://czechgames.com/files/rules/dungeon-lords-items-rules-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mike m
United States
palisades park
nj
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the direct link is actually here on bgg. In the links section for the expansion, see the "direct download" link:

Dungeon Lords: Minions Bearing Gifts
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.