Phil Davies
United Kingdom
Shrewsbury
Shropshire
flag msg tools
Chin chin!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know there are a few of these around, but shortly after I finished my first 'real-life' game of DDD I received a well timed GM from one of my fellow L4L group backers asking me how the game was measuring up. This allowed me to crystalise my initial thoughts.

I'm not a reviewer of games, but thought I'd share my own feelings about the game at first blush and as sent to JoffW:

Just played my first game. Solo Exercise Tiger. Although I've played the vassal module a few times it's not the same as having the game physically in front of you.

The game is all and more I'd hoped it would be. The maps are fantastically well realized and come presented on thick card. I'm glad that Valley/Emmanuel went for the smaller cards as it reduces the footprint of the game. The dice are a good solid size and are deeply etched.

I won't go into too much detail about gameplay as it's best to discover it yourself, but for what is essentially rolling 6 dice 3 times as you do in Roll Through the Ages and similar games there is a LOT of choice in both paths to take, dice to keep and resources to collect.

Finally it's the little touches that really make the difference. Each map is dedicated to a company, platoon or even individuals that had historically seen action at the area concerned which adds a real emotional resonance to the game.

To conclude I've spent the last 12 months looking forward to receiving the game and it has met and exceeded my hopes for it. The fact that I have a L4L is really just the icing on an already fantastic cake...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CanCon, BunnyCon...BorderCon!!!
Australia
KILLARA
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
May 2018 be all you dreamed it would be and be all that you dreamed...
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice concise set of thoughts.

Can't wait for mine to arrive down under.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.