Kevin Brown
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
Hello BGG!

I finally managed to put together my campaign for Derelicts: The Chronicles of Column 77. It's a cooperative strategy & armoured warfare sim, with a central theme of exploration: you command a column of 5 battleship-sized tanks to prowl the ruins of a metropolitan area, salvaging valuable materials and hunting down giant automatons.

It's designed for play via message boards.

I'd appreciate any feedback of the campaign project page thus far, and I'd be very grateful for any backers.

The manuscript for the game is mostly ready for publication; the campaign is to generate advertising revenue & gauge interest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sevier
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds interesting, but...where are the details? I see no links to anything, no rules, just a basic blurb about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't say I care for the name of the city. "Krakberg?" I mean, I can think of three people that I know personally who would mercilessly tease a name like that.

The art is awesome. I can't say enough good things about it.

The name is a little long, I think. Although it will be nice to have another game with "Derelicts" in the name. Not too many of those.

There appear to be some copy/paste errors in several of the Perks. Like $100: "Contribute $100.00 and you'll be given a copy of Contribute $10.00 and you'll be given a copy of Derelicts: The Chronicles of Column 77's PDF..." Notice the problem? Might want to clear that up if you want people to trust your writing skills.

The game sounds fun; definitely the sort of thing I would play. I like that it's designed for PbF.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessey
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
I also purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
badge
I purchased this and do not know what to do with it!
mbmbmbmbmb
Mephansteras wrote:
Sounds interesting, but...where are the details? I see no links to anything, no rules, just a basic blurb about it.

Clicking the image leads to the indigogo page for the game which has a video and some other stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Sevier
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Candi wrote:
Mephansteras wrote:

Clicking the image leads to the indigogo page for the game which has a video and some other stuff.

Must be something that's blocked at work, then, since I see no image. I'll have to check again when I'm at home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
kurthl33t wrote:
There appear to be some copy/paste errors in several of the Perks. Like $100: "Contribute $100.00 and you'll be given a copy of Contribute $10.00 and you'll be given a copy of Derelicts: The Chronicles of Column 77's PDF..." Notice the problem? Might want to clear that up if you want people to trust your writing skills.

Aw, crap. See, this is why I pay an editor for my manuscripts.

Thanks for pointing this out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
Is there a specific crowdfunding and/or IndieGoGo thread or forum, by chance?

I realize IGG is sort of the ghetto of crowdfunding, but unfortunately I can't use Kickstarter as I'm not an American citizen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
The project has it's first backer, and I've updated it to include a sample page from the PDF as well as added in-game artwork to the gallery.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
Canada
Alberta
flag msg tools
3 backers, and up to $60!

Still a long ways to go to hit the goal, but I'll take any momentum I can get.

If anyone else could make a contribution or share this project with friends, I'd be indebted to you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.