Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tyler Darling
Canada
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
"How do you prove that we exist? Maybe we don't exist..."
badge
Bacon pancakes, makin' bacon pancakes, Take some bacon and I'll put it in a pancake, Bacon pancakes, that's what it's gonna make, Bacon pancaaaaake!
mbmbmbmbmb
You should be able to get quite a bit of play out of this, however you may find that after some time the army combinations will get a little stale. Adding new sets will definitely extend the life of this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Redden
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Nut'n honey
badge
"One of the key problems today is that politics is such a disgrace, good people don't go into government." - Donald Trump
mbmbmbmbmb
DeepFried wrote:
I picked up a copy of this at a yard sale today. I was just wondering how good the replay value is for just having the core set? Should I try to get some of the expansions and extra characters or will this set be sufficient for play after play?

New figures add to the value of the game exponentially, because of their potential with all the other figures you already have. Still, the basic set is loaded with all kinds of play, so get it on the table. It isn't a matter of sufficiency. Two player Heroscape with small armies gives a huge number of plays with the basic set alone, and I can't imagine boredom ever setting in. Still, the more you add, the more amazing the game becomes. Additional terrain is the feature most necessary to prolong the life of the game. Add enough figures and terrain and the game becomes eternal! (well maybe not quite that long....)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Berg
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DeepFried wrote:
I picked up a copy of this at a yard sale today. I was just wondering how good the replay value is for just having the core set? Should I try to get some of the expansions and extra characters or will this set be sufficient for play after play?

Check your geekmail...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J B
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The base set has a lot of replay value, but true insanity sets in once you add some common squads, available in the expansions. Still, you should manage for quite an impressive while with what you have, depending on your boredom threshold and your group.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Matecha
United States
Florence
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Old? Old! It's the greatest game ever made and still going strong for me since 2004!!!!!!!! wow

Seriously though I'd suggest 2 master sets (valkyrie and marro give the most terrain but underdark is good if you like D&D minis) and a few packs of whatever units look interesting or you find cheaply.

With one of everything I still enjoy new combinations and themed games (general-specific, different point limits,melee or ranged-only) and play a tournament every other month or so.

Then there's all the customs the fanbase makes like the Avengers
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?u=2&blogtype=r...

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernd Caspers
Germany
Mönchengladbach
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to Mayan prophecy, this does get old in 2012.
Sorry for the bad news, but you can always send me your stuff to lessen your pain...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Baldwin
United States
Daytona
Florida
flag msg tools
Come and get them if you dare!
badge
To Do List: 1. Eat 2. Workout 3. Be Amazing
mbmbmbmbmb
The Jakster wrote:
According to Mayan prophecy, this does get old in 2012.
Sorry for the bad news, but you can always send me your stuff to lessen your pain...

Awesome...but I agree with the others. This is a great game. I have had it for years and it never gets old. I just don't get to play it very often anymore.

The more stuff you have the better it gets. So good luck finding it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.