Subject: Does shift work on top of burrow? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geof Jarzyna
Canada
Brockville
Ontario
flag msg tools
If the Umber Hulk is next to opposing creature(s) and is given one of the actions that allows it to shift 6, does that work with burrow in the sense, can it still move through opposing characters? Or does shift replace burrow as its method of movement?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
Acblack wrote:
If the Umber Hulk is next to opposing creature(s) and is given one of the actions that allows it to shift 6, does that work with burrow in the sense, can it still move through opposing characters? Or does shift replace burrow as its method of movement?

Both apply - it gains the benefits of both shifting and burrowing.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Stevens
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I actually called on this, and per WotC, it does not stack. Basically I had an Umber Hulk burrow up to me, attack, and then shift away back through the wall. Per WotC, it would have had to shift above ground.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Merric Blackman
Australia
Waubra
Victoria
flag msg tools
designer
Ramping up my reviewing.
badge
Happily playing games for many, many years.
mbmbmbmbmb
Per Chris Dupuis (DC Rules Guy) the two work together. (The ruling is that you can't burrow when you slide a figure).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.