Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Albert
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Two question, the first one is probably nit-picking again.

1) Under the step to take after a quest for 'Clean up', it doesn't say anything about the OL discarding his hand to shuffle back into his deck. We've been playing with the OL discarding his hand, shuffling then drawing a new starting hand of 4. But someone brought this up.

2) Can a lieutenant equip more than one relic? It seems to imply that they can only have one per lieutenant but it's not explicit.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheBurd wrote:

1) Under the step to take after a quest for 'Clean up', it doesn't say anything about the OL discarding his hand to shuffle back into his deck. We've been playing with the OL discarding his hand, shuffling then drawing a new starting hand of 4. But someone brought this up.

Page 20, under "The Campaign Phase", #7 covers this. He does reshuffle.
TK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Between quests everything that can be shuffled, is shuffled, and the OL discards any cards he had. A lieutenant can only equip one relic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
MrSumOne wrote:
A lieutenant can only equip one relic.

Source? I've looked for this and could not find it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Albert
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah I guess it was late at night when I had this question. Reading the rulebook again there's a sentence in the second paragraph of the section about Relics (campaign rules) that say this.

Go Bones of Woe!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Scatliff
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
It's about time, too.
badge
I hate overtext but love irony.
mbmbmbmbmb
Smoo wrote:
MrSumOne wrote:
A lieutenant can only equip one relic.

Source? I've looked for this and could not find it.

I looked again and found it. It is true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Page 22
The overlord version of a relic may be wielded by any lieutenant, and this is the only way the relic’s abilities can be used by the overlord. If the overlord has no lieutenant in a given quest, or if he opts to leave his relic behind (see below), he receives no benefit for the relic’s abilities. Each lieutenant can wield only one relic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Blake Davis
United States
Woodinville
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ohhhhhhh snap. Really? A friend and I got done playing a 16 hour long marathon of Descent 2, during which I (OL) got the Bones of Woe and the Staff of Darkness. I had been using both every time since it didn't look like they had to be 'equipped', more that they just were a constant effect. Figured the equip thing was for something like the Duskblade.

That may be why I was doing a bit better there near the end :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.