Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nushura
Japan
Sendai
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

Please don't get me wrong: KS backers got a lot of stuff, so it is not a "why didn't I get this" post. I am wondering what is the reasoning behind making this expansion a promotional one available on BGG.

Will it be given to retailers so as to encourage sales? The description says it is BGG exclusive. Was it intended as a means to give money to BGG?

Again, I am not complaining on the items we got for the money we paid. It is just that I don't see the point of using this distribution method, specially when, this will be the most expensive expansion (considering the amount of goodies you get).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
brian
United States
Cedar Lake
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Nushura wrote:
Hello all,

Please don't get me wrong: KS backers got a lot of stuff, so it is not a "why didn't I get this" post. I am wondering what is the reasoning behind making this expansion a promotional one available on BGG.

Will it be given to retailers so as to encourage sales? The description says it is BGG exclusive. Was it intended as a means to give money to BGG?

Again, I am not complaining on the items we got for the money we paid. It is just that I don't see the point of using this distribution method, specially when, this will be the most expensive expansion (considering the amount of goodies you get).

It is a BGG exclusive. That means it won't be given to retailers to promote the game. It is here to promote the game and the site.

I am not sure of the inner workings of the deal but the money spent to obtain it will go to BGG. Whether they paid to get it or it was donated, I do not know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph
United States
Ewing
New Jersey
flag msg tools
Christmas Card Exchange: 2009 - 2014
badge
I play at EPGS on the 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month and if you live in Eastern PA, Western NJ or Northern DE ... you should too!
mbmbmbmbmb
Might just be Valley Games way of saying thanks to BGG. I think a lot of people were turned on to D Day Dice (including me) on here. I don't think the kickstarter would have been as successful as it was without BGG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Rutherford
United States
Perrysburg
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Companies started doing this to help raise money for BGG since not everyone donates. This is a cheap advertisement as that can get BGG more money without the game company having to pay that much. In this case it might cost Valley Games like $500 to make 1000 promo sets which when sold by BGG would raise $5000.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emma
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you BGG

My Flare Pouch arrived in a week to the UK with free postage!

Nice little addition to the base game for $5

Emma
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Plourde
Canada
Windsor
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Consider that they charge minimal shipping and zero $ for the actual promo, the way I see it, I doubt they make that much money with this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.