Recommend
4 
 Thumb up
 Hide
16 Posts

Dungeon Command: Sting of Lolth» Forums » General

Subject: Question about use in the D&D Adventure games. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason K
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
How many of the monsters in Sting of Lolth will be new to the three D&D Adventure games? How many will be repeats?

I'm curious because I'm mostly interested in buying this game as an expansion to Ravenloft, Ashardalon, and Drizzt.

Thanks.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Ruhland
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A few of the figures are repeats but all of the monster cards are new so they represent all new creatures for your DnD adventure game. If you are buying them just for the DnD Adventure games you may want to look at buying them singly at http://www.auggiesgames.com, you might save a few bucks.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason K
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot. I'm gonna take a look right now!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
STING OF LOLTH - NEW
2x 1XP Drow House Guards
1x 3XP Giant Spider
1x 3XP Shadow Mastiff
1x 3XP Drow Assassin
1x 4XP Umber Hulk

STING OF LOLTH - REPEAT
2x 2XP Demonweb Spiders (Spider in CR)
1x 3XP Drow Wizard (new mini)
1x 2XP Drow Blademaster (Drow Duelist in LoD)
1x 4XP Drow Priestess (same as the Vierna promo card)
1x 4XP Drider
Although these are repeated minis, there is some difference in the Monster card.

HEART OF CORMYR - NEW
1x 3XP Earth Guardian
1x 4XP Copper Dragon
1x Dragon Knight (Ally)
2x Dwarven Defender (Ally)
2x Elf Archer (Ally)
1x Halfling Sneak (Ally)
1x War Wizard (Ally)
1x A Familiar Voice encounter card

HEART OF CORMYR - REPEAT
1x Dwarf Cleric (Ally) (Throgrim in CR)
1x Half-Orc Thug (Ally) (Tarak in WoA)
1x Human Ranger (Ally) (Alissa in CR)
Although repeated minis, the ally cards are all new. Also the painted version of these minis are a first time release.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Haver
United States
Upper Arlington
Ohio
flag msg tools
www.theCOGS.org
badge
www.theCOGS.org
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Are the three repeats from Heart of Cormyr first time paint-jobs for the minis? For replacement purposes.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cashtool wrote:
Are the three repeats from Heart of Cormyr first time paint-jobs for the minis? For replacement purposes.

Yup, they have never been released in D&D Miniatures.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Cooper
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too would only buy this series as expansions for the Adventure games. I am aware you can buy the cards seperately from Auggies, but that would leave me short of the required minis to go with them. I could use the existing minis from the Adventure games, but there are two problems I can see with that:

Firstly, it would be difficult, nigh impossible, to find minis that match the illustrations on the new monster/hero cards (Umberhulk anyone?).

Secondly, as half of the cards are repeats, you run the danger of running out of minis, if they're already in play.

The only solution I see to avoid both points is obviously to buy the whole set. soblue
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ant Brooks
South Africa
Madibeng
North West
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jez2k wrote:
I too would only buy this series as expansions for the Adventure games. I am aware you can buy the cards seperately from Auggies, but that would leave me short of the required minis to go with them.

Auggies also sells the individual minis, but once you are picking up the cards and the minis, then you might as well just buy the whole set, it'll be cheaper.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Cooper
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chromaticdragon wrote:
STING OF LOLTH - NEW
2x 1XP Drow House Guards
1x 3XP Giant Spider
1x 3XP Shadow Mastiff
1x 3XP Drow Assassin
1x 4XP Umber Hulk

STING OF LOLTH - REPEAT
2x 2XP Demonweb Spiders (Spider in CR)
1x 3XP Drow Wizard (new mini)
1x 2XP Drow Blademaster (Drow Duelist in LoD)
1x 4XP Drow Priestess (same as the Vierna promo card)
1x 4XP Drider
Although these are repeated minis, there is some difference in the Monster card.

HEART OF CORMYR - NEW
1x 3XP Earth Guardian
1x 4XP Copper Dragon
1x Dragon Knight (Ally)
2x Dwarven Defender (Ally)
2x Elf Archer (Ally)
1x Halfling Sneak (Ally)
1x War Wizard (Ally)
1x A Familiar Voice encounter card

HEART OF CORMYR - REPEAT
1x Dwarf Cleric (Ally) (Throgrim in CR)
1x Half-Orc Thug (Ally) (Tarak in WoA)
1x Human Ranger (Ally) (Alissa in CR)
Although repeated minis, the ally cards are all new. Also the painted version of these minis are a first time release.


Can you post an update to include Tyranny of Goblins?

I got the first two for my birthday
Not sure how I'm going to merge the minis and cards with the games, or even if I'll merge all of the DC sets themselves into one big expansion.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jez2k wrote:
Can you post an update to include Tyranny of Goblins?

Sure and Happy Belated Birthday! I will include what we know of the undeads as well. Interesting idea to use all the DC monster cards as a set.

TYRANNY OF GOBLINS - NEW
2x 2XP Hobgoblin Soldier
1x 2XP Hobgoblin Sorceror
1x 3XP Goblin Wolfrider
1x 3XP Bugbear Berserker
1x 4XP Horned Devil

TYRANNY OF GOBLINS - REPEAT
2x 1XP Goblin Cutter
1x 1XP Goblin Archer
1x 1XP Wolf
1x 3XP Goblin Champion
1x 4XP Feral Troll
Although these are repeated minis, there might be some difference in the actual name used on the Monster card, as seen in Lolth.

CURSE OF UNDEATH - NEW
2x Skeletal Warriors
1x Skeletal Hound
1x 4XP Skeletal Lancer
1x Tomb Guardian
1x Vampire
1x Disciple of Kyuss
1x Lich Necromancer
1x Dracolich

CURSE OF UNDEATH - REPEAT
2x 1XP Zombie
1x 1XP Hypnotic Spirit

Finally Blood of Gruumsh will be ALL new as confirmed by Wizards. Not sure if they will recycle the Orc monster cards from WoA though.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Haver
United States
Upper Arlington
Ohio
flag msg tools
www.theCOGS.org
badge
www.theCOGS.org
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
KY, it might be useful to cross-post a file with the Monster card information. I would definitely thumb/GG a post with that info! :-)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Cashtool wrote:
KY, it might be useful to cross-post a file with the Monster card information. I would definitely thumb/GG a post with that info! :-)

Good idea but I'll probably wait till we see the adventure system cards for Curse of Undeath. Hope that Wizards gallery page fills up with more info!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Cooper
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
chromaticdragon wrote:
Jez2k wrote:
Can you post an update to include Tyranny of Goblins?

Sure and Happy Belated Birthday! I will include what we know of the undeads as well. Interesting idea to use all the DC monster cards as a set.

TYRANNY OF GOBLINS - NEW
2x 2XP Hobgoblin Soldier
1x 2XP Hobgoblin Sorceror
1x 3XP Goblin Wolfrider
1x 3XP Bugbear Berserker
1x 4XP Horned Devil

TYRANNY OF GOBLINS - REPEAT
2x 1XP Goblin Cutter
1x 1XP Goblin Archer
1x 1XP Wolf
1x 3XP Goblin Champion
1x 4XP Feral Troll
Although these are repeated minis, there might be some difference in the actual name used on the Monster card, as seen in Lolth.

CURSE OF UNDEATH - NEW
2x Skeletal Warriors
1x Skeletal Hound
1x 4XP Skeletal Lancer
1x Tomb Guardian
1x Vampire
1x Disciple of Kyuss
1x Lich Necromancer
1x Dracolich

CURSE OF UNDEATH - REPEAT
2x 1XP Zombie
1x 1XP Hypnotic Spirit

Finally Blood of Gruumsh will be ALL new as confirmed by Wizards. Not sure if they will recycle the Orc monster cards from WoA though.


Thanks for the update. For Tryanny of Goblins, what are the minis repeats of?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K.Y. Wong
Singapore
Gardens by the Bay
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jez2k wrote:
Thanks for the update. For Tryanny of Goblins, what are the minis repeats of?

The goblins are from Legend of Drizzt and the wolf is from Castle Ravenloft.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Cooper
United Kingdom
Cheltenham
Gloucestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Update for what may be the last of these sets?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Gingras
Canada
Sorel-Tracy
Québec
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Jez2k wrote:
Update for what may be the last of these sets?

The minis in Blood of Gruumsh are all new sculpts, so there is not repeat. However, there are a few possible crossovers (the Orc Archer for example), if you don't mind the picture on the card not matching the mini.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.