De Bellis Antiquitatis» Forums » General

Subject: quick question! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
austin hadley
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Do Essex starter armies come with bases? And secondly, where can I get Essex starter armies in the Usa?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Roberts

Unspecified
msg tools
No bases. Lots of options out there for basing though. The thin metal bases from Wargames Accessories seem to be pretty popular, I've used them for most of my armies as well. Litko bases are another popular choice, as are Renaissance Ink. Lots of folks make their own out of various materials.

Wargames Inc used to carry DBA armies from Essex, but they've had lots of problems and I don't think they are carrying them anymore.

Try Greathall Games:
http://www.greathallminis.com/

Here's a little blurb from the folks at Essex, looks like Noble Knight carries them as well, Warpath is a distributor and doesn't do retail sales I think...
Quote:
Hello there

You may publish the following if you wish:

Please be aware that Wargames Inc. are no longer an official distributor of our products, and haven't been so for a number of months for numerous reasons. In future we suggest either ordering directly from us or contacting our new stockists in the US:

Warpath Games: warpathgames.com
Noble Knight Games: nobleknight.com

Many thanks,
Essex Miniatures
Unit 1 Shannon Centre,
Thames Industrial Estate,
Canvey Island
Essex SS8 0PE
UK

info@essexminiatures.co.uk
essexminiatures.co.uk
Tel: 01268 682309

Hope that helps!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco J. PiƱa A.
Chile
Calama
Antofagasta
flag msg tools
badge
Insert any witty/stupid overtext you can think of here... I got nothing
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, I just confirmed Noble Knight Games do have Essex starter armies in stock (look at the bottom of the list):

http://www.nobleknight.com/ViewProdLine.asp_Q_ManufacturerID...

They also have Field of Glory starter armies, if you feel so inclined some day.

Great Hall has Essex minis as well, but not the DBA army packs (well, I couldn't find them anyway), but still you can build yourself a nice army with those packs for an affordable price.

Good luck, and welcome to DBA!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.