Subject: Any news on expansions? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dhiraj Pallin
Australia
Taringa
QLD
flag msg tools
Still haven't managed to get this game on the table yet.. Always have too many people for a 4 player game. Really need 6 player expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bartow Riggs
United States
Antelope
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dhiraj wrote:
Still haven't managed to get this game on the table yet.. Always have too many people for a 4 player game. Really need 6 player expansion.

Why not break into two groups (of 2 and 4 players) and play two different games? Wiz-War is short enough you might still have time for a 6 player game later...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Narek Der-Sahakian
United States
Montrose
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wiz war also plays fine with 3 so you could split down the middle as well

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JT Call
United States
Pocatello
Idaho
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BartowWing wrote:
Why not break into two groups (of 2 and 4 players) and play two different games? Wiz-War is short enough you might still have time for a 6 player game later...
narek23 wrote:
Wiz war also plays fine with 3 so you could split down the middle as well

Both of these suggestions imply that he has a second copy of the game...which doesn't really solve the problem. And if he did have a second copy, he could just combine the two boards from both sets and paint/color/mark the player bases, chests, and warps from the second set so that they can be distinguished from the first set.

Returing to the main topic, I'm equally curious about when another expansion will be coming out. If anyone has something to add to that, I'd be interested in hearing it.

EDIT: It occured to me after posting this that the previous posters might be suggesting that the OP's game group break up and have half the people play Wiz-War while the other half plays something else (which doesn't necessarily require him to play with two copies of the game). If so, I still don't feel like that solves the OP's problem; if you're bringing six people together to play games, it seems like the goal is to have everyone play together. Aside from owning two copies of the game and doing what I suggested above, I think we'll need to wait for some more news about expansions before this can get resolved.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Narek Der-Sahakian
United States
Montrose
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
If you're not willing to break up your group into two different games and your group is almost always 6, why buy a 4 player game? And yes, I was suggesting two DIFFERENT games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty Shackelford
United States
Salem
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
I honestly find it most enjoyable when we have too many people to play a single game. It allows people to play the game they're more interested in.

At the same time, I'd love to see an expansion with more people obviously, but, all else failing, you could try doing it yourself. Get something and make up another two or more tiles and set up a board style for 5, 6, etc.

If ya feel the deck runs out too quickly though, try adding in a fourth deck of spells, and if it seems like you are always playing the same game, maybe look through some custom spell schools around here and find ones ya like and add them in.

Really, you can customize it to your heart's content, no need to wait on FFG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nigel Harris
United Kingdom
Sale
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Agree with OP - would love to see an 5/6P expansion for this game from FFG. No news on this I guess?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.