Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Morgan
United Kingdom
Grays
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was using the shadow dragon and moved three squares and I was one square short of a door I wanted to open, normally not a problem as I could expand into that square, however a hero figure was in the way and I couldn't expand, if I could have opened the door I would have been able to expand into that space. I wasn't sure how to play this as the rules say you can interrupt movement to perform an action, but I guess expanding into a space is ending your movement and at that point I could not expand into the space without the door being open. I played it like that.

Was that correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
p.16 "When the monster ends (or interrupts) its movement, the overlord player places the large monster figure ... if the monster cannot fit its entire base on the map, then it cannot end (or interrupt) movement in that space."

So, if I'm reading your post right, no. You wanted to interrupt your movement to open the door, but there was no legal placement of the figure. So you could not interrupt your movement adjacent to the door to open it.

Score one for the heroes! Control the terrain!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrjoshuagiraffe wrote:
Curse my need to triple check I was typing the rulebook quote directly!

That ain't no curse!
TK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Rozmiarek
United States
Liberty Hill
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mrjoshuagiraffe wrote:
Edit: just beaten! Curse my need to triple check I was typing the rulebook quote directly!

Download the PDF version so you can cut and paste directly from the rulebook.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.