Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
About four of my monsters boards have really loose spinners. One little bump and their counters slide, which can cause problems if you don't remember your stats. However, three of the monster boards are tight, which is perfect.

It appears that the plastic pegs holding them in place are glued. I don't want to pry too hard and risk damaging them. Any ideas on how I can create more friction to tighten the spinners?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zak
New Zealand
Whangarei
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I've noticed this too - but just on a couple of mine; they spin far too freely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Riddle

Oklahoma
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
agreed
too easily
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Malbon
United States
Santa Cruz
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might try sliding in a little fold of paper between the wheel and the card to create more friction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
sixthecat wrote:
You might try sliding in a little fold of paper between the wheel and the card to create more friction.

I've thought about that: cut card stock in the shape of a circle half the diameter of the spinner; use a hole punch to place a hole in the center of the circle; make one straight cut from the outer circumference to the hole; and slide between spinner and monster board.

I just have to think about how to keep the card stock from sliding out over time. Maybe just a piece of 1cm Scotch tape.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.