Subject: Essen rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan
Germany
München (Munich)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello! Will this game be available at the Essen fair in Germany end of October?
Thanks for anwering, Jan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Staudt
Germany
Rutesheim
Baden-Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JanMS wrote:
Thanks for anwering, Jan

There is an option (though you can only see it in the kickstarter updates) for kickstarting it and picking it up in Essen.

Therefore I would guess the answer is yes (unless they don't make extra copies which I seriously doubt).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frederick Soued
United States
Fountain Hills
Arizona
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
JanMS wrote:
Thanks for anwering, Jan
gn

Essen availability is going to depend on the production schedule, which we do not control. All of the final files (including the final stretch $30K bonuses) are now ready and waiting (as of yesterday!) at the factory to be produced. Therefore, what we control related to this process has been done on time. If the factory is able to print, produce and package in a timely manner, then we will have a limited quantity at Essen for sale. But keep in mind that this is the absolute busiest time of the year for printing games at factories in China, and unexpected delays do occur. We do not have any control over this, but we do know that good quality production is worth getting right and waiting for it if need be.

Clint Herron, the designer of Pirate Dice, will begin to assemble two lists when the Kickstarter campaign ends tomorrow--one for firm reservations to buy the game at Essen and one for those who have backed on Kickstarter and want to pick up the game at Essen.
Because these will need to be airfreighted over to Germany we will ONLY send over a quantity that is specifically reserved in advance for purchase or pick up. The ship with the mass production of the games, for both Kickstartes backers and the basic game as well, will leave China at the same time as the airfreight package is made to Essen, and thus the games should be available in the US in mid-November, as we have thought and planned for all along., barring any unforeseen production issues that are out of our control.

Thanks to all of you for your interest and support of Pirate Dice.

Rick, for Gryphon and Eagle Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B C Z
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ricks wrote:
All of the final files (including the final stretch $30K bonuses) are now ready and waiting (as of yesterday!) at the factory to be produced.

This project has been in good hands.

Any spoilers on what the $30K bonus is?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
♜ ♞ ♝ ♛ ♚ ♝ ♞ ♜ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟ ♟
badge
♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♙ ♖ ♘ ♗ ♕ ♔ ♗ ♘ ♖
mbmbmbmbmb
byronczimmer wrote:
ricks wrote:
All of the final files (including the final stretch $30K bonuses) are now ready and waiting (as of yesterday!) at the factory to be produced.

This project has been in good hands.

Any spoilers on what the $30K bonus is?

The $30k bonus is for an as-of-yet unnamed "challenge pack" that includes some of the more difficult variants that we tested for the game (but rejected from the "base rules" either due to complexity or difficulty), along with two more map tiles (4 maps total) of higher-than-usual difficulty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Bettzieche
Germany
Ladenburg
Baden Württemberg
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh .. where do I sign for "want to purchase PD@Essen"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
schattentanz wrote:
Oh .. where do I sign for "want to purchase PD@Essen"?

E-mail me at clint @ hanclinto.com, and I will be able to add you to my spreadsheet. Please let me know if you already paid on Kickstarter, and how many copies you want to reserve under what name.

Thanks!

--clint
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronja Räubertochter
Germany
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm generally interested in buying it at Essen, too. How much is it approx. gonna cost (in €)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Approx $50, but I have no idea what the exchange rate to € will be like in 2 months
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Heer
Germany
Troisdorf
NRW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, thank you. :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian S.
Canada
London
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is one still able to put down his name on the "I'd like to get a copy at Essen" list?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Killerkarpfen wrote:
Is one still able to put down his name on the "I'd like to get a copy at Essen" list?

Yes -- go ahead and e-mail me ( clint at hanclinto.com ) and we'll work it out.

Thanks!

--clint
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Archibald Longdale
Hungary
Budapest - Szentendre
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any updated information about the availability and the price of this game if I'd buy one at the Essen Spiel?
Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clint Herron
United States
Bethel
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hun_zaba wrote:
Is there any updated information about the availability and the price of this game if I'd buy one at the Essen Spiel?
Thanks.

There will be copies of this game at Essen, but only for people who pre-ordered the game before September 20th. They're having to do a special air freight for the game, and I've been told that they won't have any non-preorder copies for sale.

Sorry!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.