3 Posts

Dungeon Command: Heart of Cormyr» Forums » Rules

Subject: Arcane ritual rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
stephen biggs
England
flag msg tools
Card "attaches" to a level:2 Int character (i.e wizard)
And allows drawing an order card if they end their turn in a magic circle.
So if I put 4 of these in a deck (with 1 wizard)
can I attach all 4 to the wizard & draw 4 additional order cards per turn.
If my opponent is still only drawing the standard 1 per turn, I think the battle just became a massacre...

Can anyone see anything in the rules making that illegal...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T C
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can do this, but I would recommend adding more war wizards and/or drow wizards. Otherwise you might draw your arcane rituals and never draw your war wizard, or he dies early and you have a bunch of arcane rituals you can't use any more.

Here is the reply from the designer:

Excellent discussion guys, I'm sorry this isn't clear. I'll make a note for the 2.0 rules.

A general note: Named powers don't stack.

For example, if an Order card gave a creature FLANKING (see below), and you attached 2 of those Order cards to the creature, he would still only have +10 to his attacks from FLANKING. (He could still gain bonuses from other cards, but the power FLANKING would only give him the +10 bonus once.

FLANKING(This creature's melee attacks deal +10 damage while at least 1 ally is adjacent to the target)

However, if a creature had 2 Arcane Ritual cards attached to it, you would draw 2 Order cards at the end of its activation.

Arcane Circle Attach text: At the end of its activation, if this creature is in a Magic Circle square, draw 1 Order card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
stephen biggs
England
flag msg tools
morpheus133 wrote:
You can do this, but I would recommend adding more war wizards and/or drow wizards.

As you suggest I was intending to use multiple (2nd level) Drow wizards. Using 4 of the 4th level war wizards might clutter the creature deck with an unplayable number of high level figures.
morpheus133 wrote:

A general note: Named powers don't stack.

For example, if an Order card gave a creature FLANKING (see below), and you attached 2 of those Order cards to the creature, he would still only have +10 to his attacks from FLANKING. (He could still gain bonuses from other cards, but the power FLANKING would only give him the +10 bonus once.

FLANKING(This creature's melee attacks deal +10 damage while at least 1 ally is adjacent to the target)

However, if a creature had 2 Arcane Ritual cards attached to it, you would draw 2 Order cards at the end of its activation.

Arcane Circle Attach text: At the end of its activation, if this creature is in a Magic Circle square, draw 1 Order card.

Thanks for including that clarification. I'd never have guessed "Block" didn't stack from the rulebook & the cards wording.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.