Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Noakes
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Enjoying the game so far, seems a fun and quick skirmish game. Have a few questions, though, that have arisen during play.

1) Starting Deployment: You draw up to your creature limit before deploying from the cards in hand, right? It's not a "free" deployment from your full deck.

2) Tapping: When do you tap? When the card is played to the stack, or when it's turn comes up as the stack is processed? For example: Deathjump spider is activated and attacks with Sacrifice (+30 dmg). Defender plays Recoil (prevent 30 dmg). Can the attack then play _another_ attack card onto the stack, say a second Sacrifice, which would trigger and tap the spider but go off before the Recoil takes place?

3) Cover: Can a ranged attacker snipe around a corner? The fact that you're drawing LOF alongside a wall doesn't negate it for reaching all four corners of a square the defender occupies, right?

Ex: This Archer can hit the Drow, but has cover against its target.

- - - A = Archer
A - - W = Wall
W - - D = Drow
W - -
W D -

Cheers!
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Juri
Germany
M√ľnchen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My humble opinion.

Weloi Avala wrote:
Hello,

Enjoying the game so far, seems a fun and quick skirmish game. Have a few questions, though, that have arisen during play.

1) Starting Deployment: You draw up to your creature limit before deploying from the cards in hand, right? It's not a "free" deployment from your full deck.

Right. Both Players draw their Creature Hand, deploy, refresh to full Creature Hand and then the fun starts.

Weloi Avala wrote:

2) Tapping: When do you tap? When the card is played to the stack, or when it's turn comes up as the stack is processed? For example: Deathjump spider is activated and attacks with Sacrifice (+30 dmg). Defender plays Recoil (prevent 30 dmg). Can the attack then play _another_ attack card onto the stack, say a second Sacrifice, which would trigger and tap the spider but go off before the Recoil takes place?

You tap when you do the action. So, in your example, you could not play another sacrifice. Even an effect, which could untap your spider would take effect afterwards.
Weloi Avala wrote:

3) Cover: Can a ranged attacker snipe around a corner? The fact that you're drawing LOF alongside a wall doesn't negate it for reaching all four corners of a square the defender occupies, right?

- - - A = Archer
A - - W = Wall
W - - D = Drow
W - -
W D -

I would play it that way.

Cheers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate Scheidler
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
Gigamic
mbmbmbmbmb
Weloi Avala wrote:
2) Tapping: When do you tap? When the card is played to the stack, or when it's turn comes up as the stack is processed?

You tap as a cost to play the card. Tapping is the cost for standard actions, Immediates, and abilities that state to tap the creature (Umber Hulk). Playing an immediate to prevent damage from an attack will keep that same creature from using an immediate to prevent damage again, though another damage prevention measure initiated from a different creature could help it.

If a creature is eliminated or incapacitated before its action/immediate could be resolved, the action/immediate has no effect.

Quote:

Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Noakes
United Kingdom
Redhill
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, that's how I've been playing it but I just wanted to be sure.

Actually, another question: does Block (10) stack from multiple sources? I assume it doesn't (resistances don't stack in 4e), which is whey they worded it as "Block(10)" rather than "prevent 10", but thought I'd check.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T C
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the ruling the designer gave here:

Multiple Dwarven defenders adjacent to a creature will not stack.

Each Defender gives the adjacent adventurer "BLOCK 10". If a creature is given "Block 10" by 2 different defenders, it's still just "Block 10". It will not stack to be Block 20.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.