Popular Tags: [View All]
Björn Hansson
Sweden
Bromma
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
It had to be done sooner or later. Mainly out of boredom at work, but also out of curiosity.

Feel free to discuss and comment on the survey. I will post it in the Asia Engulfed forum as well. The result will be seen in both places.

Poll
1. How many times have you played the Engulfed games?
  30+ times 20+ times 10+ times 5+ times 1-4 times Never
Europe Engulfed
Asia Engulfed
Combined Europe + Asia Engulfed
2. Which game is your favorite?
Europe Engulfed
Asia Engulfed
The combined game
I can't pick one over the other
3. In your experience which side usually wins?
  Allies Axis/Japan The game usually ends in a draw Haven't played this game
Europe Engulfed
Asia Engulfed
The combined game
4. Which is your favorite major power to play? (Subject to change of course)
The Soviet Union
Germany
Western Allies
Japan
USA (Pacific side)
5. In Europe Engulfed which of the following strategies have you tried and how did they fare?
  Tried it, usually a good strategy Tried it, usually neither good nor bad Tried it, usually not recommended Haven't tried it
French invasion of Germany in 1939
German invasion of Great Britain
Conquer France instead of Vichy regime
German invasion of Spain + Gibraltar
Axis invasion of Switzerland
Not invading Norway as the German
Axis invasion of Malta
German invasion of Turkey
Not invaded USSR in June 1941, delayed Barbarossa.
6. In Asia Engulfed which of the following strategies have you tried and how did they fare?
  Tried it, usually a good strategy Tried it, usually neither good nor bad Tried it, usually not recommended Haven't tried it
Japanese seaborne assault on India
Japanese invasion of India via land
Japanese invasion of Australia
Full focus on Japanese invasion of China
Japanese seaborne assault on Hawaii
7. Optional rules, do you use them?
  Yes, all of them Yes, some of them No, I prefer not to Haven't tried the optionals in this game so I don't know.
Europe Engulfed
Asia Engulfed
The combined game
8. Have you tried playing Europe Engulfed with the simplified Blockskrieg rules?
Yes, I like them
Yes, I don't like them
No, but I want to
No and I don't intend to
9. Have you tried any of Rick Young's other block games?
  Yes, it is even better than the Engulfed games Yes, not as good as the Engulfed games but good games Yes, don't care for them No, haven't tried them but I want to No haven't tried them and I have no interest in doing so
FAB: The Bulge
FAB: Sicily
      54 answers
Poll created by taragalinas

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Carroll
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
Soli Deo Gloria!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel like there's a problem with your poll, in that you ask whether any of the unusual strategies are "usually a good idea." My feeling is that if they were usually a good idea, they wouldn't be unusual strategies. They will probably be good moves some of the time, but not most of the time. And as you can see, "not usually recommended" is the dominant response for all of them. Maybe you need another option, something like: "Recommended in certain circumstances."

For example, I never go into a game thinking, "I'm going all-out for Operation Sea Lion this time!" But it's something I keep in mind and see if the UK player leaves himself open for it. If the UK loses a couple of blocks/GSUs in France and then commits heavily to Africa in 1940, trying Sea Lion is a good idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kurt Keckley
United States
Bakersfield
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Fields of Despair - GMT P500.
mbmbmbmbmb
Strategy Poll needed an answer like, "If the right situation arises...." like the British player sending everything to Africa, then falling asleep. Hello Sea Lion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.