New York
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
www.pandasaurusgames.com
badge
www.pandasaurusgames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/872179144/the-great-fire...

When we decided to go with Great Fire of London as our follow up to Tammany Hall, one concern we had was the comparable lack of critical reviews for the game due to its small print run and limited distribution.

With good reason, gamers typically approach buying or kickstarting a new game with the same sort of strategy and analysis they would were they taking a turn playing one of their favorites.

But we knew this was a great game so we went forward knowing well that our strongest endorsement would not be enough for many. Thus, getting this gem into critics’ hands was at the top of our list.

And, although we were not surprised, we are delighted to let you know that glowing praise has been coming in left and right from the likes of The Dice Tower, Cartrunk Entertainment, Giant Fire Breathing Robot, Father Geek, Kicking Down the Door, and MANY more!

Critical praise is building as more and more of the trusted voices in table top gaming are getting their hands on GFoL! Suffering from Analysis Paralysis? Here are a few choice bits that may make your next move an easy one!

"You are one vicious landowner, you want the fire to move and destroy people’s houses that are not your own. […] If you all work together you could probably contain the fire, but you don’t want to do that. You don’t have houses in that region, you don’t have that card. Someone else probably does. BURN IT."

"All of this works together to make a very intriguing game. "

~ Tom Vasel - The Dice Tower

"One of the favorite games in my gaming group is Pandemic (yes, I’m throwing this comparison out there right off the bat,) and one of the great things about Pandemic is the escalation and control aspect. The diseases will escalate, you need to control them. In Pandemic you do it as a group. In The Great Fire of London, you do it individually…and you may want to control more than you escalate…and you have to be careful not to tip your hat too much.

It’s been a phenomenal experience so far. I just find the game dramatic, fun, and different.

~Cartrunk Entertainment

“The game met and exceeded my expectations. The simple game play belies the high level of game complexity and relentless challenges. I found the entire experience humbling, exciting, and enriching.”

~ Father Geek

“Great Fire brings trash talk to a non-combat strategy game. Moving the fire creates an ideal level of player interaction. But, because the player’s colors are hidden, it is impossible to really gang up on one person. The deduction element, then, is critical to making sure that you are attacking the right opponents – or even opponents at all.”

“The […] game is an absolutely wonderful experience and one that leads to laughter, mirth, and trash talk. And, at least in my plays, a healthy dose of misdirection as we try to determine whose houses need some burning. Great Fire is definitely worth checking out.”

~ Giant Fire Breathing Robot

“Man! That board, look at that board. All that wood? It begs attention. It’s so classy! I’ve played a lot of games with a lot of people at this stage and the reactions from unfolding this board in front of people, have yet to be duplicated, in any facet of my life.”

“If you and your friends can persevere through this starkly different style of game play, you might be able to see that the beauty of The Great Fire goes beyond its aesthetics. The unique […] mechanics will give you an experience of game play that will give you a feeling of well-earned satisfaction, when you alone emerge from ruins of London’s
biggest disaster.”

~ Kicking Down the Door

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.