Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
So yesterday morning I was greeted by a couple rather large spiders in my bathroom when I got up this morning.

Let me back up...over the last few months life has happened and I've had to move to a friend of mine's basement.

Anyways, I dispatched them from a distance with the aid of one of these things...cause I'm a wuss...

Normally, I try to get them outside, but I was in my underwear and I was being flanked by 2 spiders! They had to be neutralized.

Later that day I came home and in the bathroom was this guy measuring about 1.25 inches I would guestimate.

Despite people telling me that since he was way up on the wall, it probably wasn't a hobo spider, I took him out with the vacuum cleaner.

Ooh, which reminds me... Is sucking a spider through a vacuum cleaner enough to kill it or will I need a toilet plunger, pitching wedge, and goggles when I go to empty it?

After that, I went and bought some spider traps setting up two in the bathroom and later one in the living room area after I found yet another!

I woke up this morning and found that I had trapped 3 spiders over night! One about as big as above and the other two probably around 3/4ths an inch.

So here is my dilemma...I haven't seen any in the bedroom...yet. Do I put a trap in my room too? They say they are "baited." If I put a baited trap in my room will I just be luring spiders into where I sleep? That scene from Wrath of Kahn keeps running through my head!! And every tingle of the skin last night set me on edge...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you might also need a dress and heels.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
MWChapel wrote:

Screw you Chapstick. We have hobo's whose bite can cause necrosis.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
KSensei wrote:
MWChapel wrote:

Screw you Chapstick. We have hobo's whose bite can cause necrosis.
Yeah we have them too but they're not active biters. Like most web spiders they are slow moving and fairly clumsy. I take out any spider with just a paper towel; pick up and take outside if it is handy, squash if not, the paper towel works either way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
いい竹やぶだ!

South Euclid
Ohio
msg tools
mbmbmb
KSensei wrote:
So here is my dilemma...I haven't seen any in the bedroom...yet. Do I put a trap in my room too? They say they are "baited." If I put a baited trap in my room will I just be luring spiders into where I sleep? That scene from Wrath of Kahn keeps running through my head!! And every tingle of the skin last night set me on edge...

Are you talking about Seti eels? You should be okay as long as you don't stuff the bait into your ear canals. Also, Seti eels don't live as far north as Montana.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Gola
United States
Redding
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
and everything under the sun is in tune
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
pick up and take outside if it is handy

You might as well just kill it. I've read that most spiders that you would find in your house have never been outside and wouldn't know what to do out there. They say house spiders had already adapted to life inside dwellings since before Roman times. Is that true? I dunno. I usually just leave them alone anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
除名山 蔵芽戸
Japan
Sendai
Miyagi
flag msg tools
badge
One I tend to be ok with, but 7 in a 24 hour period starts to get to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Gola wrote:
wmshub wrote:
pick up and take outside if it is handy

You might as well just kill it. I've read that most spiders that you would find in your house have never been outside and wouldn't know what to do out there. They say house spiders had already adapted to life inside dwellings since before Roman times. Is that true? I dunno. I usually just leave them alone anyway.
You mean all those little guys died? cry I would just leave them too but my wife doesn't agree with that idea. She is also too frightened to take care of them herself, so spider management is one of my duties in the household.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Key Locks
United States
McCordsville
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mb
I've never seen so many people so concerned with the death of a spider. As far as I'm concerned, any spider inside my house has written its own death sentence.

Seriously, do you know how many spiders there are in the world? It's not like they're an endangered species or anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jeff
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ImaginaryRoot wrote:

This would cause me to move or burn down the house.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Dahlstrom
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
(This is a picture of a frozen waterfall, from behind the waterfall)
mbmbmbmbmb
ImaginaryRoot wrote:
{image}
{image}

That which has been seen cannot be unseen...

Ngaaaaaa!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.